Chapter 21

Sano Manjiro {Mikey}

"Argh! I'm so hungry!" I whine as I placed my hands behind my head.

"You just ate a little while ago." Draken muttered as we walked out of the school gates. School's over and boy am I glad. Today was kinda boring. There was nobody that we could get our hands on. Call me insane but that's my definition of fun.

All we did was just sit for a goddamn test I probably won't pass but hey, I don't give a shit.

But the good thing is I got to see Mina. She looked so beautiful like she always has been.

"Well, turns out I got hungry again." I huff and patted my stomach. I can literally hear my stomach growl.

"Fine." Draken rolls his eyes, "We'll stop by at a cafe."

"Ah! That'd be amazing Ken-chin." I beamed at him and he sighs.

"What am I going to do with you?"

"Admit that you love me?" I grin at him and he rolls his eyes again.

"In your dreams, shit face." He deadpanned and I laughed out, holding my stomach while at it. We walk down the sidewalk and I spot a cafe nearby. I run to it but I felt Draken pull me back by my shirt collar.

I jerk away from his grip, "What the hell, man?"

"We'll get something to eat later but first, I need to get something for Emma."

"Like what?" I asked infuriated.

"You don't need to know." He dismissed me.

"I don't..she's my sister. I have every right to know." I remind him and leave it to him to do his infamous eye-roll.

"Fine. But first can we just go to the freaking store?" He asked annoyed.

I scoffed, "Yeah, whatevs."

We stop by at what seems to be a jewelry store and walk inside.

"Wait here." Draken instructs that I stand next to the cashier's desk as he wanders deep into the store.

"Wait here." I mock in a Ken-chin like tone and the cashier woman giggled.

"Brothers?" She asked.

"I wish. He's my best friend actually." I say and she smiles. I smile at her but my eyes widened at the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It was a diamond necklace with the word angel engraved on the heart in the center.

Beautiful.

The tiny font of the word angel  made the necklace a lot more special than it already is because of a special girl whose name is and will always be etched in my heart.

Minasa.

She came into my life like an angel. She obliviously drew me to her and that's when I knew, she's not just any angel. She's my angel. Only mine and no one else's.

"Uh..ma'am? Can I take a look at that diamond necklace with the heart?" I asked politely and she nods, "Okay." She took it off the display and handed it to me. It's more beautiful when close up. I can imagine her purple eyes twinkling at this magnificent necklace.

"How much is it?" I asked.

"1,000 yen." The lady says. Wow, it's not that expensive.

I fish out money from my back pocket and slide it to the lady, staring at the necklace in awe. Pure diamond.

"Your change is 500." She says but I wave her off, smiling at the necklace.

"Keep it." I say lost in the beauty of the necklace, imagining how perfect it'll look on Mina's neck.