Chapter 38

Minasa Takashi

The faint pitter-patter on my window gets louder as the rain pours down heavily. You know, I love the rain. It's one of my best weathers. Just sitting at the windowsill, watching water drops slide down the clear glass of the window.

I don't know but the rain just brings calmness and peace into my soul. Best feeling ever.

Right now, I'm reading a novel that Anya lent me. She told me I can have it. Anya is such a sweetheart. Really. It's too bad that our plan went awry today due to the heavy downpour. But that's okay. There's still another day so I don't feel bad about it that much.

Just a few pages in and my phone goes off. I identify the caller. Anya. I quickly hit the green button.

"Hi Anya." I smile.

"Hey Mina," I hear her cute voice at the other end. She sounded sad. What happened?

"What happened to you? Are you okay?" My brows etched in concern. I hope she's okay.

"Yeah, I'm kinda bummed about our day not going as planned because of the rain. I want us to spend quality time together so we get to know ourselves more but the rain ruined everything." She tells me and I chuckle.

"Come on Anya, there's always another day. We can go out tomorrow. Yeah?" I assure her.

"Okay," She laughs, "Tomorrow it is then."

I grin, "Yeah."

She giggles. I can tell she's happy now.

"Thanks Mina, you really lightened up my mood." Anya appreciates.

"You're welcome." I say sweetly. "Um..Anya? How's your brother doing?" I've always wanted to ask ever since he's been sent to the hospital. I feel bad for him.

"Makoto?" Anya chuckles, "He's doing great. Though he suffered a few fractures and a head injury, he's fine."

My heart ached at his condition. My eyes become teary, "I'm sorry Anya, this is all my fault."

"Hey, don't cry. It isn't your fault." She consoles me, "That shithead brought it upon himself."

I force out a sad giggle, "It's funny how you're supporting me instead of your twin brother."

"So what if he's my twin, he's still wrong. What he did was despicable. I can't support that. That's harassment. He's paying the price and as much as I hate to say it, he deserves it." She finished and I'm shocked.

It took me a minute to recover from her words, "Oh..okay."

She sighs, "I miss you."

I bit my bottom lip, "I miss you too."

Thunder crackle as lightning strikes on the roof and I scream. Totally caught off guard by the loud noise.

"Are you okay? Hello?" Anya panics.

"I'm fine." I tell her, "Where are you?"

"I'm at the hospital." She informs, "Just checking on my brother."

"How is he?" I ask.

"He's good. He's sleeping."

"I hope I visit him someday." I say.

"Of course, I'm sure he'd be happy to see you." She cheered with glee.

"Thank you. I'm glad to hear that." I smile.

"Okay I gotta go. Makoto's awake now. See you tomorrow." She bids.

"Bye." I bid and almost end the call but she says my name.