Chapter 40

Minasa Takashi

I'm back home after a long day at school. The carnival that everyone was so hyped for got cancelled and it left people disappointed. I was really bummed out because it was something I actually looked forward to.

However, the crushed hopes of the carnival not happening came alive again when they announced it's happening tomorrow and everyone is so pumped.

And there's no school tomorrow so that makes it double exciting. To be honest, school's been stressing me out lately. At least the carnival will help take my mind off school for a bit and hopefully ease my stress with all the fun activities that's gonna happen.

Emma says that the carnival happens every fall season and lasts for a week. I'm glad that I get to be apart of the celebration and enjoy myself for a change.

Brother isn't at home as usual so I plan on having a chill, relaxing evening all to myself. Well, Emma was with me few moments ago but she had to go because of Draken mentally roll eyes. Lovesick puppy.

We played dress up, watched Emergency again, ate tons of snacks, took lots of selfies..we had a great time. It's a shame Anya couldn't be here with us. She's with her brother at the hospital so that explains it.

Ever since Anya tagged along, Emma and I haven't really spent time together like we used to. Just the two of us. It's nice hanging out with her again. I really missed her. I missed her so much.

I pull out my phone to text Brother.

Me :) : When will you be home?

He takes a brief moment to reply.

Brother: In the morning.

I frown at his reply. He always come home in the morning. But then again when doesn't he come home at the early hours of the morning?

I decided not to text him back as I shove my phone into my pocket and head to the kitchen. I'm going to be baking tonight. I know it's an impulsive decision but I have to. It's been years I've kneaded dough.

Fun fact, I used to bake all the time. After school, I'd bake cupcakes and cookies and shared them with the guys. I missed those days alot. But tonight, I'm gonna relive my childhood.

I take out three eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder and a few other ingredients and set them on the counter. I rush to my room and grab my pink apron. I put it on and dash right back to the kitchen.

I look at each ingredient on the counter and feel a rush of nostalgia wash over me as a huge smile spread on my face. I crack my knuckles and placed my hands on my hips.

Let's do this.

***

I hear the oven ding signalling that the cupcakes are ready. With delight, I skip over and put on my cute pink oven glove. I open the oven and take out the cupcakes, setting them down on the counter.

Looking down at the freshly baked treats, a bright grin make way to my face. I feel really good right now. I just feel rejuvenated and proud of myself with what I've done. The smell of vanilla seep into my nostrils and I breathe it in, letting out a sigh of content. They smell divine.

I'm just let them cool before I do a taste test. While I wait, I clean up the kitchen. After that, I pull out my phone and take a selfie with the cookies and the cupcakes, even though I'm covered in flour. My grandma always told me to find joy in the smallest things and make memories in every moment. That's what life is all about.

I captioned the pic, haven't baked in years :) feeling like my 6 year old self again lol. I send the group chat.

I take a bite of my cookie and oh my goodness, it tastes so good. Never knew I still had it in me. I threw my head back and let out a loud moan. Crunchy deliciousness all round.