Chapter 37

Hanagaki Takemichi

Mikey walked towards me and instinctively, I step backwards as fear engulfed my entire body. I wonder what is going on in that crazy mind of his. I'm sure he's planning on ways he'd end me. Right here.

In my freaking house!

His presence alone affects my speech. I grow dumb. If that makes sense. I gulp when he stops just few inches away from me, my body shaking slightly.

He smirks, "My suspicions were right."

"W-What d-do yo-you m-mean b-by t-that?" I managed to stutter.

He glared at me, "You like her."

Damn, if looks could kill, I would be on the floor right now.

I nod wordlessly.

Suddenly, Mikey lets out a mocking laugh that resonates through the room. I don't get it. What's so funny about that? Now he's just pissing me off.

Irritated, I ask, "What's so funny?" My hands ball into fists. I swear I wanna punch him so bad.

He stops laughing and snaps his head at me, "Because it's ridiculous." He tells me and rage consumes me. Ridiculous? Is he really being serious right now?

"How're my feelings for Mina ridiculous?" I grit my teeth.

"Because you like someone who's already claimed." He smirks and tears blur my vision. I'm not crying because I'm weak, heck no. I'm crying because I'm infuriated. Mikey is really getting on my nerves and I hate it.

I glare at the shorter boy through my tears, "So..you like her?"

"I don't just like her.." A smug smile rests on his goddamn face as he leans close to mine to deliver a message I've been dreading to hear.

"I love her." It's like a knife cut deep into my heart. The frail and damaged heart that took two years to heal, begins to crack. That familiar unbearable pain seeping it's way in back to my chest but I refuse to break down. Not this time.

"Impossible!" I yell at him, tears streaming down my face. I tug my hair and shake my head. This can't be true. Mikey's just messing with me. It's probably a joke.

"You better believe it." He grins. This dude is actually crazy.

"You don't love her." I laugh, trying to assure myself. Maybe it's one of his stupid pranks.

"I do." He shrugs.

"No you don't." I snap, unable to believe it.

"I love her you fucking dumbass!" Mikey roars and my eyes widen. His face is red and veins pop at the sides of his neck, his eyes are bloodshot red. I blinked at him. Fuck.. he's serious. Dead serious.

"I'm not fucking with you, man. I've loved her and I'll continue to love her until I fucking die!" He cried out loud. Wait what?

I furrow my brows, "What?"

He sighs, "I've loved Mina ever since we were kids. I think about her all the time, I dream of her every single night.. she's always on my mind. Non-stop." He smiles, "Her smile, her bright eyes, her voice.. everything about her just leaves me intoxicated."

"We are actually best friends but I don't see her that way. I never did. I wanted us to be more than that. So I gather the courage to tell her about my feelings but she left for London unfortunately." Mikey lowered his gaze and I feel really bad.

Mikey and Mina have known each other ever since they were kids? Damn. And here I was thinking that he was trying to take her away.. instead I am the one who is trying to come in between them. I look down, the guilt tugging on my chest. I feel so awful.