Chapter 2

Hunter POV:

Atlas and I got to the hospital, and almost immediately we found our private investigator, the detective from back home who had been working our case for years, and the social worker who phoned us about Noah. "You must be Mr.Parker?" I nod and she continues. "If you'd just follow me, both the doctors and police officers would like to have a word with you before you can see him. He's sleeping right now, and I'm going to stay with him until you two are ready to see him." Again I nod speechlessly, and we both follow her into an office. She leaves and a minute later a doctor and 2 police officers enter the room. Atlas starts firing out questions "how is he? Where is he? What happened to him? Why is he in the hospital? Where did you find him?" Resting my arm on his shoulder, "take a breath ok, just breathe" I tell him.

*skip doctor introductions cause I'm too lazy to think of names and details that won't be relevant ever again in the story lol*

The officers tell us where and how they found him, how they arrested the people who kidnapped him. Apparently they've been wanted for years but didn't have any real evidence against them, and so they have been watched for x amount of time. They'd changed their names and identities, and that's how they stayed hidden for so long. They recently obtained evidence to get a search warrant for their house, which is where they found Noah, beaten and locked in a cold dark basement with boarded up windows and a leaky pipe. My heart was breaking as they told us the condition he was in.

*im not really gonna go into detail about the kidnappers lmao so long story short, they're bad people, obviously kidnapped Noah, are clearly into some shady stuff and that's why they're being watched by the police, and how they got caught. Probably will be the last you hear of them in present time, haven't decided if I'll do any flashbacks or just Noah remembering things about them and their rules*

"He's stable now, but he's not in the best shape. He's covered in bruises, and small cuts, fortunately there are no current broken bones, but the x ray suggests that he's had many broken bones over the years. Thankfully he does not show any signs of sexual abuse. It would seem as if Noah hasn't left that house or even left the basement in all these years. He's malnourished and much smaller than he should be. Even with the right treatments I'm afraid that although he will one day be healthy, his growth may still be stunted, both physically and mentally. He's also going to be needing check ups regularly, but as of right now we'd like to keep him here for a few days to monitor him, give him all the vaccine shots he's missed over the years. " The doctor says trying to go over all the details so we can go see him sooner.

Looking over to Atlas, he has his eyes closed and tears streaming down his face. Walking over to him I pull him into a hug as he breaks down in my arms, the doctor nods at me, to say he'll give us a few minutes. After a couple minutes I pull away from the hug, "it's gonna be okay, he's here and he's safe with us now, we won't let anything happen to him, I promise." Atlas nods and we turn to leave. Finding the doctor just outside the room. "I'll take you to Noah now, he's just woken up and he's with the officer that found him and the social worker." He says. "We can do this." Atlas says with a determined look on his face.

Noah's POV:

I wake up hearing whispers. I'm too scared to open my eyes so I hold onto Oli really tight. "Noah, buddy can you open your eyes for me?" He's not daddy, but I remember his voice, he told he won't hurt me before, so I slowly open my eyes. "Hey buddy do you remember me? I'm Jacob, there are some people that I want you to meet, and guess who they are? They're your big brothers." Big brothers? I don't want to meet anyone I just want to stay with Jacob and Oli. Quickly looking around I see we're in a big room the nice lady from earlier is by the door, and I'm on something soft. I run my hand along the thing I'm sitting on, "s-soft". "Yeah it is really soft, just like your giraffe there, does he have a name?" Jacob asks me. "Mhm Oli, n-names Oli." "That's a nice name, do you wanna know your big brothers names?One of them is Hunter and one of them is Atlas, and they're both really excited to meet you." Jacob tells me. "H-hunt-ter, and At-ty? N-not hurt me?" I ask, scared of what will happen when I meet them, are they nice? Are they like mommy and daddy? Am I in trouble for leaving the room now? Jacob said I'm not in trouble but what if I am now...

The door opens slowly, and 2 big scary boys walk in, I close my eyes and hold Oli tight again so they can't see me now. "Noah? Has anyone seen Noah? I thought he was right there, I think he might be lost!" I heard one of them say.... But I'm not lost, I'm right here! Opening my eyes wide "m' here r-right here! M'No-Noah" I whisper to them. Looking for Jacob I see him right beside me still, and I move a little closer to him but make a face when it hurts a little to move. "Oh thank god you're right there! I thought we lost you again! My name is Atlas, and this is Hunter, we're really happy to see you Noah." "H-happy?" I whisper. They were happy to see me? Daddy was never happy to see me. I think I like him, and so I reach my arms up wanting him come closer to meet Oli, I think Oli will like him too.

And that's chapter 2, so as I've mentioned, I've never written anything before, and I'm also not really proof reading any of these, also I'm writing them on mobile so if there's any mistakes, then oops lol point it out if you want, or don't, up to you. Also I wanted to talk about Noah's speech versus his thoughts. When he speaks he has a stutter which I show through his dialogue, his thoughts don't have the stutter and might seem a bit more grown up than the age and mindset I'm giving to him, mainly that's for you to understand the story better so it's not super dull or extremely random and not making sense. But yeah anyways for Noah, he's 12 years old, but has the mindset of a 5-6 year old, I've decided that I will eventually include some backstory of what it was like for him growing up, but mainly focus on the ages 2-5 years.

May xx