Chapter 34

Reid's POV:

Spencer hates me. He doesn't even want to share a room with me anymore. I didn't mean to make him mad again, why can't I do anything right? I wanted him to come tomorrow so badly, I didn't even think he wouldn't want to go. Why doesn't he miss them as much as I do?

After hearing everything, Atlas brings me up to Hunters room, and just hugs me until I stop crying. "What can I do to be a better brother? I don't want him to hate me." I ask but Atlas tells me I'm already a great brother and that he doesn't hate me. I don't believe him after what Spencer said. "But—" Atlas cuts me off. "No buts I know he said some really mean things, but he was angry, and I know that's not an excuse to say those things, but I just know he didn't mean it. I promise he doesn't hate you okay?" I just nod and hug him and my blanket tighter. Sebastian and Noah come knocking a little while later, and he brings me a huge Bristol board with a bunch of kids names on it, some of them even wrote me a little message. I didn't think that many students knew who I even was, yet they signed a card for me? Noah and Sebastian go to his room while I stay here with Atlas. We stay up here until Hunter calls us for dinner.

No one's POV:

Dinner went by quietly, no one making any kind of conversation, even Noah picked up on the tension, making him a little scared of what could happen, so he stayed quiet as well. Reid didn't make eye contact with any of his brothers and mostly kept his head down. Really the only sound was his sniffling, along with the scraping of spoons on plates. After dinner, Hunter went up to his office and Alex followed. They discussed the options for tomorrow, and Alex agreed to staying home, and going to visit their parents, he also said that Ben didn't need to come over and apologized for getting so angry and making a scene. "Did Reid hear Spencer?" He asked before he left the office. Hunter just nodded rubbing his temples. "On top of everything he's dealing with already, and being sick, he didn't need the idea of Spence hating him in his head." Hunter tells him. Alex offers to go check on Reid but Hunter shakes his head, telling him to lay off on the teasing for a while too.

Hunter heads off to find Spencer in his mini theatre, and finds him watching the black phone. He sits down in the theatre chair beside Spencer. Spencer sighs pausing the movie, before he can speak, Hunter starts talking. "If you really don't want to go tomorrow, then I won't force you, but you have to go to school then since there won't be any reason for you stay home. Like I said before, James can come over after school, but stay up here, or in your room. Speaking of rooms, do you really want to switch rooms? If you do then we'll have to all talk about it together, to figure out who's going to share." "I'll go tomorrow, with you guys. I still think it's stupid though. And I don't need to switch rooms, I was just pissed, Nick said Reid doesn't ask for a lot and that was the only thing I could come up with because he's never actually asked me to share with him, but in a way he is asking me, I didn't mean it." Spencer says. Hunter tells him that it's okay to think it's stupid, but explains that it's not okay to disregard Reid's feelings in the process. "It's okay to be angry about them being gone, but you need to find a way to control it so you aren't taking it out on everyone around you. I know you don't fancy boxing like Alex, even if you are good at fighting, but maybe even just working out could help or coming up here to watch movies." Hunter says, and Spencer nods, asking to continue his movie. Hunter leaves him and heads back downstairs. (LMAO GUYS I FORGOT HE HAD A JOB SO IN THE COMING CHAPTERS HELL BE BACK AT WORK I PROMISE)

*time skip to tomorrow after brunch, they are arriving at the cemetery*

Atlas POV:

When we get to the cemetery, all of us get of our cars, but Hunter stops by Bens moms car with Noah. She was off from work today and and offered to watch Noah while we all went, but we had asked her to come and stay in the car with him so that we wouldn't have to leave him, we haven't left him anywhere without any of us around since he's been home. So last night, when Ben came over, he told Noah his surprise was his mom, and thankfully Noah took a liking to her, though I think the idea that she was the surprise made him like her even more.