Bonus1- Reids Letters

Dear mommy and daddy,

You'll never guess what happened, Noah's coming home! I can't believe he's finally going to be here. I wonder what he's like. Do you think he'll like music like me? Or movies like Spence? Or what if he's super athletic like Alex? Is it mean if I hope he doesn't like boxing? I know it's selfish to hope that he likes the same things I do and not what Alex likes, but maybe he'll like something else that Alex likes right? Boxing is kind of scary anyways. I hope he likes reading, and gardening, and rocks too! I'm going to show him my collection, it's gotten so big since you last saw it. Hunter and Atlas went to get him today, they said we couldn't come but I really wanted to go. I didn't want to be away from Hunter, but I knew he had to be there, so I stayed close to Nick the whole time they were gone. Do you think Noah will like me? I hope so, because I love him so much already. I'm going to make your special cookies for him, and I'll even teach him how to make them too. I wish you both were here to see him finally come home. I miss you.
Love Reid

Dear mommy and daddy,

Everything is not okay. Noah was hurt a lot, and he's scared of everything! He barely whispers when he talks you almost can't even hear him, and he stutters a lot, more than I used too when I was little, do you remember when Alex would tease me for it? Hunter won't tell me everything that happened to Noah, but I know it's bad. I wish you were here to tell him it's going to be okay. He even thinks those people were his mommy and daddy, but they aren't, you are! Hunter told us not to correct him right now since he's adjusting and just met us. I wish I could tell him how amazing you both are, and all the best things about you. He doesn't remember us at all, but I think he likes me at least a little bit. I think that's only because I'm small and everyone else is a giant though. Nick probably looks scariest because of all his tattoos too. I haven't told Aaron about Noah yet, he's away for a rugby tournament right now and I don't want to distract him. Schools not going too well either. Do you remember Blake? The boy who ripped up all my valentines when I was little, he's doing it again. I haven't told Hunter yet because I want to try and stop this myself this time, but it's getting worse. He made two new friends who join in and bully me. They take out my hearing aid and make fun of me. I wish I was brave like you, no one would ever bully you. I miss you.
Love Reid

Dear mommy and daddy,

Noah's talking more, well whispering but he's not as shy or scared as he was when he first got here. You'd be so proud of him. I hope you'd be proud of me too, I told Hunter about Blake, and the new program at school, I even saw Ms Lily, we all visited you for your anniversary. I miss you so much, I wish we could celebrate with you for real. Spencer and Alex don't want to celebrate anymore, I don't even think they want to visit you anymore either, but I keep telling them it would make you sad if we stopped coming to see you, and it would make me really sad too. There is one thing I haven't told anyone, my nightmares are back. I think everyone knows I'm not sleeping well, but no one knows it's because of that. Ms. Lily helped me make a list of things to do to help me sleep, but she thinks I'm not sleeping well because of stress and anxiety, that's only part of why I can't sleep though. The thing that helps most is sleeping with Hunter. Whenever I wake up, the first thing I see is him, and I know I'm safe, plus he gives the best cuddles, it's almost as good as your cuddles. I miss you.
Love Reid

Dear mommy and daddy,

Im sick. Sometimes I feel like I'm always sick because it lasts so long. I didn't mean too, but I go everyone sick too! Well, everyone except Hunter, Sebastian, Noah and Nick. Hunter must have the best immune system in the whole world, he always helps all of us when we're sick, but never gets sick himself, just like you daddy, you never got sick, even if you laid with me the whole time I was sick.. Sebastian is staying with Eva so that's why he's not sick. Nick didn't get sick because... Well he's not home a lot lately, he's really angry at everyone because of Sophie. Noah doesn't really like her, I'm not sure why, but that made Nick really really mad and he leaves early in the morning and comes home really late too. I miss him, so I borrowed a sweater from his closet because it smells like him. I wish he would stop being angry and come home. I miss you.
Love Reid

Dear mommy and daddy,

Today was a really bad day. Nick came home and I was really happy to see him, but I don't think he was happy to see me. He wanted to leave really fast and I accidentally made him angry when I wanted him to stay. He was already angry at me everyone, Hunter especially because Hunter said that Sophie isn't welcome here right now because she said really mean things to Alex and Spencer. Nick yelled at me today, but then Spencer yelled at him and Nick yelled back. I broke a frame, I'm really sorry for breaking it, the yelling and anger from both of them scared me and I knocked it off the wall. It broke into so many pieces and cut my foot, it hurt so much, but Hunter got the glass out and made it better. Nick was even angrier when he saw that someone went in his room. He was blaming Alex and Spencer, but I had to tell him it was me. I hope he forgives me. The best part of today was that Noah spoke for the first time, and not a whisper, but just regular talking. He spoke again in front of Nick, but it went really wrong after that. I wish you were here, you'd know what to do. Noah had a really bad panic attack, and Nick left again. If I didn't go into his room and take his sweater without asking, maybe he wouldn't be as angry as he is now. I miss you.
Love Reid.

Bonus content! Lol if any of these scenarios are out of order it's because I remember the events that happen in my book, but possibly not the order of events, so yeah, anyways! I thought this would be nice, a little inside view of Reid's letters to his parents. The letters act as kind of a journal for him to work through things that are happening, or his thoughts. It was something his therapist suggested to help him grieve after his parents passed, and he continued with it. I think it helps him feel close to them, like he can still talk to them, even though they're gone. This was written super fast so it kinda gave the gist of what's happened so far in the book, it might have missed some events but that is because I didn't include all the letters he wrote them, and definitely not because I couldn't think of what else to include lmao.
ALSO, so, when I first wrote about Reid writing letters to his parents, someone actually messaged me saying that him writing letters to them is obsessive and not healthy for him to continue doing this, but like I said, it's similar to how a journal or diary would be, and I don't find addressing it to his parents as a problem as everyone grieves their own way, plus no one is forcing you to do the same so please don't be angry that I've not taken your advice to stop these letters lol. If you hate them or the idea of the letters, you can skip these bonus content chapters that I'll throw in here or there. Also I think instead of it being a chapter, I'll do bonus content of Noah's past with his kidnappers so that they're short, but also not disrupting the present time in the book. He will still talk about his past and have flashbacks or nightmares, but bonus content will go into more detail, how do you guys feel about that?Nothings set in stone you know lmao so I guess we'll all see when the time comes yeah? Anywayssss I hope this ties you guys over until I get chapter 46 out, it's coming together so I'm thinking it won't be a long wait. I'm also working on another chapter for my other book, so if you haven't already, check it out(if you want lol), it's also a little brother book.

May xx