Chapter 44

There will be a super short part in Noah's POV that I'll be adding a TW too, he mentions very briefly and vaguely his abuse.

Nicks POV will also briefly mention mature adult things lmao like it doesn't really say it, but it like implies it? Idk you'll see what I mean

Nicholas POV: (takes place right before he leaves)

Still sitting in the kitchen, as Hunter leaves I hear Noah tattling on Soph. Why can't he just like her like everyone else? Rolling my eyes I wait a little while, and Soph joins me in the kitchen. "Babe he really doesn't like me. I swear I didn't even do anything but he ran away to tell Hunter that I told him something about school that he didn't like. I even tried asking about the weird looking—what is it? A horse? Whatever it is I asked about it and you know how Seb is super blunt? That's how Noah responded." She says and I hold back a scoff, this is not how I thought it would go. "I get that Seb talks like that because... well he's on the spectrum—" she starts but I cut her off. "He's not. And if he was, there'd be nothing wrong with that." I say firmly. Sighing, I apologize for using that tone with her but she cuts me off this time. "You're tense, tonight's been... a lot. Let's get out of here! I bet we can catch the last drive in movie tonight if we leave now?" She says wrapping her arms around me. "We can't just leave Soph." I say moving out of her arms to stand near the counter. She comes up in front of me wrapping her arms around me again, but closer this time. Much closer. Holding back a groan, I look down at her to see her smiling innocently up at me. "Sure we can, and I bet no one would miss us or even notice that we're gone. Please let's just go! It'll be fun I promise, I'll make it worth it." She says kissing my jaw and trailing down my neck. Closing my eyes I find her lips and kiss her back. "Grab your coat." I tell her and she slips away to grab both mine and her things. Going to the garage through the kitchen, getting into my car, I let her drive, and we're off. I text Hunter that we've left after were away from the house.

We got to the drive in theatre just in time for the movie, we get our popcorn and drinks, and cuddle up in the blankets. (Lmao I always leave blankets in the car so if that's not a normal thing for you guys pretend it is). My phone keeps going off with texts from Atlas and Hunter calling. Before I can answer the latest call, Soph takes my phone and turns it off. "No phones during the movie." She says kissing me and tossing my phone somewhere in the car. They were probably just calling to argue some more, and I'm done with that for the night, if it's a real emergency, they have Sophie's number too, and right now, the only reason they'd call her is if something serious happened. Since her phone isn't being spammed, everything's fine at home.

Things got a little steamy and we pretty much missed the end of the movie. "Everyone should be asleep, or at least in bed by now, we should head back." I say against her lips, but she groans. "Or we could go back to my place where it'll be just us, and no chance of anyone walking in?" She says leaning back from me. "That sounds perfect, but what about Nonna and Sare? Don't we have to take them back to your place too?" I say. Shaking her head no, she tells me that Sarah and Nonna decided to stay overnight because they wanted to spend more time with the boys. Well, who am I to pass up a free house then if they want to stay? I drive us to her place and we spend the night together, definitely not sleeping.

I wake up when Soph starts moving around in bed, a sign that she's waking up now too. "Morning baby." I say kissing her forehead and slipping out of bed. "Morning." She says stretching, letting the blankets slip off of her, she grabs my shirt putting it on and walks around the bed to me. "Do we really need to go back for breakfast?" She asks pouting. I laugh, giving her a quick peck, telling her that we do. We decided last night that we could make use of the empty house, but we have to go back for breakfast, we always do a big Sunday breakfast when Nonna comes, bigger than our normal Sunday breakfast anyways.