Chapter 59

Hunters POV:

After Nonna finishes scolding us about throwing food, everyone goes into their own conversations with each other. She excuses herself to get ready for bingo with some ladies at the seniors home, I offer to drive her, but she tells me that she's a capable young woman who knows how to kick ass if needed. Once she's gone, I sigh because I now how to bring up punishments. "Noah do you wanna come play in the backyard with me?" Nick asks, but Noah shifts closer to Aaron. "N-no thank you." He says quietly looking down. "What if I come? You can show me where we're going to plant everything okay? Nick will be there to make a list of all the plants and seeds we need to buy." Sarah says getting up. Noah nods when she holds her hand out for him. While Nick gives Sarah a grateful look, she gives Nick the finger and mouths "fuck you" to him. Official emails have been sent out, so Liam stays to tell them the school repercussions of the fight as well.

Atlas goes to sit with Reid while the rest of the boys stare at me waiting to hear what I have to say. "Can you get this over with?" Spencer says impatiently. "Yeah. Okay, so I'm not gonna lie, this was a tough one, because yes you got into a fight and not a small one either, but you were also defending each other. You guys are all grounded for the weekend, that means you only leave the house if you're going with Nick, Atlas or I. That also means no friends over this weekend, and I'm taking your phones. No video games either, I'll have your laptops as well, so unless you're doing homework, they'll be with me. After this weekend, when I lift the grounding, after school for 2-3 hours everyday, you guys will be coming to the office to work with me." I say and surprisingly no one interrupted.

"That's fucking bullshit!"-Spencer
"What about boxing? I have that after school!" -Alexander
"Will we only be at the office next week or longer?" -Sebastian
"Um, what will we do there?" -Reid
"Do I have to stay in the guest room the whole weekend because of the whole no friends over thing?" -Aaron

"Before you guys continue, your school punishments have been decided as well." Liam jumps in, and the room goes dead silent. When he's done, the boys don't move, at one point I'm not even sure they're breathing. "Does this mean we're all kicked off of our teams and clubs?" Sebastian asks, his voice shaking with panic, he'd probably start his own secret science and astronomy club if he were kicked off. "No, none of you are kicked off anything, but considering 3 entire sports teams, 2 clubs, and cheerleaders were involved, the teams as a whole will be suspended until all students involved have finished their detentions. Since not every member of the clubs were in involved, they'll still be running, but those who were part of the fight won't be returning until after suspension and detention. After that, depending on how detention gets along, the teams will be reinstated." Liam says and thankfully no one fights him, but I see the wanting to argue in their eyes. "Okay we can talk about school more later, but I can answer all your questions now. First of all, no Aaron you don't need to stay hidden away all weekend, but everything I told them, applies to you. The only extra will be that you and Reid don't get to just hangout like you normally would. Alex, you have nothing to worry about since boxing is suspended for the time being. Sebastian, I'm not sure if I'll extend it to after the suspensions and detentions are over, but if I do, it won't be an everyday thing, but we'll see how it goes okay? Reid, you guys are gonna help with whatever you can. It could be admin work, filing, typing up things, or proofreading. I might get you guys to help some others colleagues or run the odd errand, but it's nothing you guys can't do. And Spencer, what is so bullshit about all of that? I think I'm being pretty lenient considering the size of the fight and all of your injuries from it." I say answering all of their responses.

Spencers POV:

"You mean other than all of it? You said we were defending each other so why the fuck are we getting punished for that?" I argue, I'm not gonna lose it right now, I have a valid reason to be angry over this. "Well like I said yes you defended each other, but you're being punished for fighting. C'mon Spence did you really think that I'd just let go you all getting into a fight?" He says and my fuse is about to blow. Rationally I know that we deserve to be punished, but the irrational part of me is saying to fuck everything, especially working in the office. I fucking hate going to the office and I could easily tell Hunter why, but am I going to? No. Mom and dad used to pick me up early from school on the last Friday of every month and bring me to the office to spend time with him. It was our thing. They did the same with everyone on different days, Sebastian to the library, Alex to the park, and took Reid to the museum. I don't remember what they did with Atlas, Nick and Hunter, but they did something with them too.