Chapter 28

Spencer's POV:

Slamming my door shut I throw my bag onto the floor and flop onto my bed. I try to calm down a little but it's not working so I grab my backpack and head up to my mini movie theatre and turn on Halloween, the 1978 version, it's a classic, and the 2007 one was shit. James texts me halfway through the movie asking if he should come to the door or wait down the street for me. I text him back saying down the street, Reid probably never asked, and there's no way Hunter is gonna just let me go out tonight, probably some bullshit like oh your grounded blah blah blah. Alex is going and I know he won't snitch if he sees me there, but I have to get through leaving the house first. Now that I've calmed down slightly, I still think it's unfair hat Hunter treats me like a kid, just because he coddles Reid doesn't mean I need to be coddled too.

Once the movie ends, I turn on the sequel, and skim through my homework. Nothing important is due tomorrow and whatever is, is stupid worksheets that they won't miss if it's not complete, we have some reading for science , so I guess I've got no homework tonight, throwing it all back in my bag I see the time. It's now 5:30, so I go down to shower and get ready. I pass by Hunters room and see Reid curled up on his bed asleep, his cheeks stained with dry tears, I feel sorta bad, I know I scared him earlier, didn't think it was that badly though. Maybe I'll just pop by my work tonight before coming home and bring him some movie theatre popcorn with extra butter, he loves that(guys cineplex popcorn with the extra butter is 😍). Once I'm done getting dressed, I quietly go out the back door, and meet up with James down the street, and we walk further down to meet our other friends who are driving. Once we're a good 10 minutes from the house, I text Atlas that I got called into work, and won't be home til later, and then silence my phone. He won't care either way, but at least he'll be the one breaking the news to Hunter that I'm not home.

Alexander's POV:

Ben and I go to the basement after that showdown. Spence is a little bitch for causing a scene a like that just because he didn't get his way or whatever. No one even knows what he was so pissed about anyways. I know I'm not the right person to comment on anger but he scared Noah, and he scared Reid. No matter how angry I get, I make sure not to show that in front of them, Reid's always hated violence, and Noah's had more than enough violence for anyone to have suffered. "How much you wanna bet that even after that, we're gonna see him at the party tonight?" Ben asks me and I roll my eyes, getting the jump rope out. "$10 we see him within 10 minutes of getting there" I say and he laughs. "Alright 10$ we don't see him until after 10 minutes of being there." He says, "bet" we both say at the same time and he starts to times my jumps. After warming up for about 30 minutes we take a 10 minute break and then start sparring. Bens got a match this weekend so we work on his balance today. At 5:45 we hit the showers (they've got 3 shower stalls in the basement lmao just to clarify they did not shower together) and head upstairs.

We find Nick cooking dinner with Noah and Eva talking his ear off, while Seb and Tommy are looking at a... textbook with Atlas, god they're all such nerds. We don't see Hunter or Reid, but we tell everyone we're heading out, and to let Hunter know that we've left. We turn around to leave the kitchen and i nearly jump out of my skin. Fuck he has to stop doing that, how did he even get here behind us? Noah is standing there behind us when we turn around and grabs onto my legs giving me a hug. I pat his head and smile awkwardly at him. "L-lex go n-now? C-come b-back?" He says looking up at me still not letting go of my legs. "Uh yeah we're going out, I'll be back later?" I say not really sure what to do right now. Ben leans down and whispers something to Noah and I roll my eyes, how the fuck is he good with kids? How does he even know what to do with them? Noah smiles nodding his head and let's go of me to hug him, and then goes back over to Nick who is still listening to Eva never stop talking. We grab our coats and head outside, waiting for our friend to pick us up. "What the hell did you even say to him?" I ask Ben. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He smirks at me. "Just saying, you have some competition for claiming the title of being my best friend you know?" He continues and laughs. I just shake my head and scoff at him, he's only 12, he can't steal my best friend.