Chapter 47

*just a heads up, Noahs starting school with a special class that probably doesn't actually exist irl lmao so just go with it, this book is fiction anyways 🤣*

Hunters POV:

It's official, Noah's enrolled in school, and will be starting Monday. It's not really a grade, but it's also not a daycare, there's only about 6 or 7 other kids in the class, all at different education levels, and different ages. The ages in this specific class ranges from 13-17, so Noah will be the youngest, but he's really excited. That may be because Atlas has hyped it up to him since we told him he was going. I'll be taking him tomorrow and spending an hour with him there to a help him get used to the new surroundings, and Atlas will check on him during lunch. Reid insisted on checking on him during lunch as well, and being the little ball of anxiety he is, Atlas agreed as long as it's no more than 5 minutes. Reid has also officially enrolled in his new program at school as well, so there's a few changes happening at school this week. He'll be going in on Monday to hand in any leftover work before starting his online classes the next day. After everything that happened yesterday, we had a surprisingly quiet evening, and a sort of eventful morning today. Atlas couldn't find Noah, and was running around like a headless chicken, only to find him cuddled up next to Spencer. I wasn't worried because the house alarm was still on, so Noah had to be somewhere in the house, and he normally doesn't go far without one of us around.

After breakfast, I took Noah out to get a few supplies for school, and he chose a Mickey Mouse backpack with a matching lunch bag, and a Frozen pencil case, he also made sure to choose to get everything in different shades of purple. When we got home he chose an outfit for tomorrow and then told everyone in the house all about his new things for school. He's been in a good mood since after we talked yesterday after his panic attack, and we're hoping it stays like this. He deserves to be happy.

Noah's POV:

Hunter told me I'm going to start school! Atty told me it's going to be really really fun, and I'm gonna make lots of friends and learn new things. Will Atty be sad if I don't make any friends? What if they don't want to be friends with me? Reid and Oli are already my friends, my best friends. Will they be angry if I make new friends? I go to find Sebby, he came home today and since he knows everything he can answer allllll my questions!

"Sebby Sebby! H-have ask you a-about school p-please!" I say when I find him. "What's your question?" He says, and I think, what should I ask him first? I ask him all my questions at once so he can pick which one to answer. "I think everyone will be really happy if you make new friends. Making new friends doesn't mean you forget about or lose the ones you already have. And last, sometimes making friends takes time, no one will be upset if you don't make friends right away, but I think you should try too, if the other kids don't want to be friends that's okay too. You'll have lots of opportunities to make friends in the future." He says. Wow he answered every question I asked! He really does know everything. "M-'make lots friends!" I tell him nodding my head. Im gonna try and make lots and lots of friends, maybe they'll even be friends with Oli too.

Reid is sitting by the big window and he's looking out, so I sit beside him and look out too. "W-what looking at?" I ask him. "Im waiting for Aaron, he's coming over so that when Nick gets here he can take us both to the cafe. We're going to see live music! We're going to spend the whole day together." He says. "Can c-come too?" I ask, that sounds like fun and I love being with Reid. He frowns a shakes his head. "Maybe next time you can come, I-I um only because Nick is taking us, next time I'll ask Hunter or Atlas to take us and then you can come." He says and I nod leaning into him to cuddle, it's cold by the window. I'm going to spend the whole day with Spencer I decide.

Reid's POV:

Aaron gets here and I text Nick that we're ready. We wait on the porch, and talk. I tell him how nervous I am about starting online classes, and he tells me about his grandparents coming to visit soon. He's nervous because he doesn't get along with them, they don't like him very much. It gets a little cold after a while, so I text Nick again asking what time he'll be here, he hasn't replied after another 20 minutes so I call him. He doesn't answer, but I know he's coming, he promised he would. "Let's go wait inside, he's just running late." I say. We sit by the window and wait, warming up with one blanket wrapped around us, and one laying over our laps. An hour later, I lean my head on his shoulder, and whisper to Aaron. "He's not coming, is he?" Wrapping his arms around me tighter, he whispers that he's sorry, kissing my forehead. He promised, he promised he would be here, and he's not. "Maybe we can ask Hunter or Atlas to drop us and then just you and me could go?" Aaron says but I shake my head. "Hunters going over things for an important meeting he has this week and Atlas is marking tests, I don't want to bother them." I say. If I ask them, they'd drop everything to take us. "We can go another time, just us, and it'll be even better, we could even go visit your mom and dad before going to the cafe. Oh and we can go on an open mic night! We can play something, it'll be fun, pinky promise." He says holding his pinky out. I wrap mine around his and cuddle closer, pulling the blanket tighter around us.