Chapter 50

Hunters POV:

Leaving Noah is killing me. The tears streaming dow his cheeks almost stops me, but the tiny rational part of me, knows this is good for him. I can already tell he's going to love going to school, and he's already warming up to that Theo kid. I'm going to have ask Atlas and Sarah if they know anything about him. God I sound paranoid, I'm trying to vet a 13 year old boy. I'm just going to go to the office and focus on work, I'm not even going to think about all the things that could go wrong, just work.

I cannot focus for my life right now. Atlas just texted me that he's checking in on Noah with Reid right now since it's lunch, but all I can focus on is the time. In a few hours I can leave and go get Noah. After I can hear from him how great his day was, I think that'll ease my mind to not worry so much. I don't want him to feel abandoned by us for leaving him there, but I also want him to feel more independent, so I'm stuck going back and forth with how I feel.

20 minutes after Atlas checked in, I was feeling slightly better, still worried but better. That was until my phone rang and all the blood drained from my face. Seeing the schools number pop up on my phone, almost sent me in cardiac arrest. I answered the phone so fast I almost couldn't even process what was being said. "Hunt? You there?" Liam called out as I took a breath. "I'm here, what's wrong? Is Noah okay?" I ask quickly. "Noah's fine, he's actually having a great time today, but uh how soon can you get to the school? There's been... an incident involving the other boys..." he says so fucking cryptically. Closing my eyes a sigh in both relief and annoyance. Relief that nothing bad has happened to Noah, but annoyance that one or more of them have gotten into some trouble. It's been a hot minute since I've been called in for any of them getting into trouble. "I'll be there soon, your office?" I say and I hear him hesitate. "The second cafeteria, where the boys all eat lunch. I'll see you soon." He says hanging up quickly before I could respond. What the hell did they get themselves into and why didn't Atlas call me first?

No one's POV:

The cafeteria wasn't any more busy than it normally was, yet it felt more crowded as Reid walked in later than everyone else. He had wanted to stay longer with Noah, but promised Hunter he'd only stay for a few minutes. Now he had to walk into the cafeteria alone rather than side by side with Aaron. His anxiety was rising as he felt people staring at him, from the corners of his eyes he could see Alex, Spencer and Sebastian at their tables with their friends. His main focus was getting across the cafeteria to Aaron, who was holding onto Reid's family tree project. The large box sat beside Aaron contained a 3D crafted tree, with each leaf representing a family member or a friend. Things went downhill from the moment Reid had reached Aaron.

"Look the little deaf boy is here!" Blake blurted out to his table of friends. It was loud enough for surrounding tables to hear, but not loud enough for any of the other Parker brothers to hear. He earned a few laughs and snickers as he got up and went over to Reid's table. "You know I've been wondering what was in this stupid box, how about I take a peak?" He says going to open the lid. Aaron gets up and pushes Blake back, telling him to back off. This catches the attention of the entire cafeteria, who wordlessly looks on. "Yeah? And what are you gonna do if I don't? Risk your spot on the rugby team?" Blake taunts, getting up close to Aaron's face. "How's this for risky bitch!?" Spencer spits out before tackling Blake to the floor.

Blake's friends, meaning the entire soccer team, jump in to help get Spencer off of Blake, as well as starting fights with James and Aaron who were backing up Spencer. The rugby team all join as well backing Aaron up. A crowd forms, quickly, Reid getting pushed around from the commotion. His project is pushed off the bench and destroyed in seconds as he tries to get out of the middle of the fight. Alex, Ben and the rest of the boxing team rush in to both help and fight, as soon as Alex saw Spencer get into it, he was on his way to help. Sebastian and Tommy try to reach Reid and get him out, but there's so many students with 3 athletic teams all at each other's throats, they were having a hard time getting through themselves. Everything happens so fast, students are filming the fight and cheering, others are yelling for help or going to find help.