Valentines day special!

Hunter-16
Nicholas-15
Atlas-14
Alexander and Sebastian-8
Reid and Spencer-7
Noah- would have been 3 (kidnapped at age 1 and a half, so it's been a year and a half since)

"Daddy I need help!" Reid calls out from the front door. He was trying to zip up his coat, but it had gotten stuck on his scarf. "Stop pulling it! You'll break it and then you won't have a coat and you'll freeze like in ice age and you'll have to go live with a woolly mammoth!" Spencer shouts at him causing Reid to freeze. "Stop it, you won't have to go live with a woolly mammoth, not only because that would be ridiculous, but because they're extinct." Atlas tells the two of them. "I don't care if they stink! I don't wanna go live with one!" Reid cries out worrying about having to leave home all because his zipper won't zip. "How do you know they stink? Have you ever even smelled one?" Spencer asks, narrowing his eyes at his older brother. That's not fair at all, especially if Atlas had gone to the zoo without him, Spencer thought.

"He said EX-tinct, not that they stink. It means they're not around anymore." Hunter fills in, not wanting to hear anymore of this conversation. The younger boys were all excited for Valentine's Day, and so going shopping for Valentine's Day cards and chocolates was exciting for them, for Hunter, not so much. "Where did they go? Are they going to come back?" Reid asked innocently not understanding the sarcastic tone in Hunters voice.

Always having a soft spot for Reid, Hunter doesn't have the heart to continue being rude and snappy. "No, they're not coming back. Do you remember when we talked about dinosaurs? How they all went to sleep forever? Woolly mammoths are sleeping forever too." Hunter says with a sigh. Reid thinks for a minute, before asking his next question. "Is Noah sleeping forever too?" He asks. Hunter, Nick and Atlas all pause, giving each other looks. This question sparks interest for all of the younger boys.

"I thought Noah disappeared like the lady in the magic show? Remember she went inside the box and then she was gone." Spencer says. "Magic isn't real Spence, Noah was obviously taken by aliens!" Alex chimes in, causing Spencer to scoff. "If magic isn't real, then aliens aren't real either, stupid!" Spencer says back to him. Sebastian stood there silently chewing his lips, he knew what really happened, he remembered all that had gone on in the past year and a half.

"Anyways so what kind of Valentine's Day cards are you going to get Reid?" Nicholas asks, distracting all the younger boys from their current conversation. "Huh? Oh I want the Donald and Daisy ones!" Reid says giving the older brothers relief that he wouldn't be asking anymore tough questions. "Okay who's ready to go?" Kai says. "Thank god." Nicholas mutters. "Where's mom isn't she coming with us?" Spencer asks, getting upset quickly as he doesn't see her coming to the door.

"It's just me and all of you today, moms staying here to get some rest, but when we get home you can show her all the cool Valentines cards you guys get." Kai says to Spencer as he helps Reid fix his coat zipper. "Fine!" Spencer says before stomping out the door. "Can I still say bye to mommy? Doesn't she want a hug?" Reid asks, but they were already running late. "How about you save your hug to give to her when we get back, it'll be the biggest hug ever." Kai tells him softly.

Truthfully, Aliyah was feeling sick over the last few days. She had been trying to keep her distance from all of the boys as to not get them sick, but it was much harder than she thought. Especially with the boys wanting her every five minutes. She liked to joke with Kai that she was their favorite, but he always countered that with being Reid's favorite. To let her get some rest, Kai decided to take them all out for Valentine's Day shopping, and then out for a late lunch.

Eventually they arrived at the store, with many complaints from Hunter and Nick. Both having decided they were too old to be handing out cards for Valentines, especially since they'd be going to their schools Valentines dance with dates. Atlas joined in complaining that love and kissing and girls were gross, he also decided not to hand out cards. All three of them tried not to show their annoyance, to not ruin the fun experience for the younger boys. Second and third graders still made Valentines craft mail boxes at school and spent the afternoon in class handing out cards and treats and watching movies, so Alexander, Sebastian, Spencer and Reid were all very excited.