A/N

**

Hello! Oh my god, I can't believe I'm actually working on a sequel! I've actually written an entire book.

Ever since I discovered I loved writing at thirteen-years-old, I have never completed a WIP, forever jumping from one idea to the next. So, the thought of working on a sequel is simply mindblowing to me.

I only intended on making Unfolding around 100,000 words, but it ended up being 250,000 words... oops! I am aware that is very long, but once I got started, I couldn't stop. Then I realised I want this series to be very long and epic, something to really grip you!

This book, unlike Unfolding, is a mixture of both canon and my own imagination. When planning this story, I did move some of the canon events around so they'd match up with my version and timeline. So, for example, something that happens in the summer, takes place at the end of September... something that happens at Christmas time, takes place in the spring etc.

Emerging is basically a direct continuation from Unfolding. It's not essential to read Unfolding first, but it does set up a lot of the events in this book. Not to mention, it's the start of Madeline and Draco. So, I would highly suggest it :)

In Unfolding, the chapters were all tightly compacted into a couple of months, whereas in this book, Emerging, the chapters will be more spread out over the entire school year. But I think it will roughly be around the same length, perhaps just a tiny bit longer.

Before I started publishing Unfolding, I had already written a good 140,000/150,000 words, so I knew a lot of the potential triggers beforehand, which is why I put them in a big list at the start of the book. However, I will be highlighting any triggers at the start of any chapter in this book.

There will be a lot of smut, swearing, and adult themes. If you've read Unfolding, then you'll know the kind of tone this story will have.

Apart from the first three chapters, just like in Unfolding, each chapter will be a day in Madeline's life, and it will be written exclusively from Madeline's POV.

I do write in first person POV, and I know that's not to everyone's cup of tea – so I just thought I'd mention it again :) to refresh your memory, when I write Madeline, I picture a brunette and English Dove Cameron! But you're more than welcome to imagine any of my OCs however you'd like! Because we all do it, don't we?!

I am so attached to Madeline, she's like my baby or something! I am even more excited to explore hers and Draco's relationship even further now they've got the entire year together. This story will have a good mixture of angst, fluff, and spice (pre-warning: there will a lot of trauma and angst...)

I said this in Unfolding, but I am writing these purely for fun, and using it as a form of escapism. I'm not expecting to get a lot of reads on this story either, but I do appreciate any feedback! I hope you enjoy reading it and experiencing Madeline's journey alongside her :)

**