Thirty-Five: Hospital Wing

**

Wednesday, 18th December, 1996

I wasn't sure how many days had passed or where I was. I could have laying here for an hour or a whole week for all I knew. My body was frozen still, paralysed, even. I wanted to open my eyes, but something was stopping me.

I was finally starting to hear sounds around me now, and I could have sworn someone was holding my hand. I wasn't even sure if I was hurting or not, everything was completely numb.

As I was now regaining a tiny amount of consciousness, I tried to piece together what happened. The last thing I remembered was Draco rushing towards me and shouting something. I remembered the red light hitting me, but not feeling anything. After that... it's still hazy.

**

An indistinguishable amount of time had passed, and I was still in the same spot, my body still unable to move. I was, however, able to hear more around me. I couldn't quite make out where I was still, but I could just about hear the indistinct chatter of other people.

Out of nowhere, something pressed against my hand, and it felt like a pair of lips. It couldn't be, though, could it?! I just wish I knew what was happening to me. Was I dying and I was on my way to rest? Maybe that's why my body was tricking me into thinking Draco was kissing my hand.

**

There was no denying it now, someone had definitely squeezed my hand now. What made me feel my heart beat in my ears was the way they stroked my skin with their thumb, just like Draco always used to...

"Please wake up, darling. You can't leave me yet. I know you hate me, and I hate me too, but I need you to wake up for me. I will be on my knees every day, grovelling, and begging for your forgiveness and I don't fucking care who knows," I heard someone say quietly.

Could it really be? Was that really Draco? I couldn't think of anyone else who would say something like that to me.

Whoever you are, please speak to me again... I need to hear your voice again. It was too quiet, and I need to work it out if it's you, Draco.

"We always make our way back to each other, don't we? I just know we can again, I just feel it in my bones and in my fucking soul. You're going to hate me for a really long time, but I have earned your love before, so I can do it again. I don't care what I have to do, I am going to get you back. I can't breathe without you, Madeline, you are my reason for existing. I wish I could take back what I said in Lupin's more than anything," he said, as though he could read my mind.

It really was him. Draco was holding my hand and talking to me. If I could feel my body, I was sure the butterflies would be fluttering inside me, and my heart was probably hammering.

Please talk to me again, Draco, I need to hear you.

"Everything hurts without you, Madeline. It's my fault you're in here, I know it is. It's been three days now, and I haven't left your side. I'm not leaving you; I'm never leaving you again. If you wake up for me, I will do anything you want me to, I'll be anyone you want me to be. I want to kiss you properly, I want to take you to Madam Puddifoots, I want all of you. I'm still yours, I always will be. Please, just wake up. I wish I could trade places with you, I'm the one who should be stuck there, you don't deserve any of this," Draco whispered.

Three days?! I've been laying here for three whole days? I tried to listen out so I could know where I was. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say I was in the Hospital Wing.

Who else, if anyone, has come to visit me? When Draco said he hasn't left me, does that mean he's been sleeping here, skipping out on meals, and not attending class? Or does he just mean when it's visiting hours?