Forty-Eight: New Year's Day

A/N: There are discussions of Death Eater activities in this chapter, including torture and murder. Nothing too graphic, but I thought I'd mention it just in case! Oh, and I know 'make-out' is an American term, but I can't stand the word 'snog' haha – it really makes me cringe.

**

Wednesday, 1st January, 1997

My 1997 already began with the most perfect start. I woke up in Draco's arms and he was showering me with kisses and affection, plus, he had just made me orgasm three times.

I was on my back, my chest rising and falling, my forehead sweaty, a smile across my mouth, and a warmth spread through my insides. Draco was still laid in between my wide legs and grinning down at me. He rested his head in the crook of my neck and groaned happily. My hands were on Draco's cold back, my fingertips tracing all along his muscles and skin, memorising every inch of him.

"Fuck, I wish we could be like this forever. Just you and me, fucking each other senseless... what a way to live," Draco chuckled, kissing the spot behind my ear,

"There would certainly be worse ways to pass the time," I agreed, humming with contentment,

"Happy New Year, baby. I have a good feeling about the next 365 days," Draco said, kissing my neck and all over my collarbone,

"It is going to be our best year yet," I giggled as Draco peppered kisses over my face, "Happy New Year, my love,"

**

My usual New Year's Day routine was typically very quiet and lazy, so that was nothing out of the ordinary, but it did have a lot more clothes and a lot less laying down.

At around 2:00pm, Draco and I were still in his bed, being incredibly lazy, but simply enjoying each other's company, when one of the house elves knocked on his bedroom door.

They tried to hide their shock at seeing us in bed together but they informed us that Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy were hosting a New Year's Day feast starting at 7:00pm, and we were both to attend, no arguing and no questions asked.

Having just showered, I was walking back into Draco's bedroom with damp hair and a towel wrapped around my body. I must have spent a good thirty minutes trying to decide on a dress to wear to dinner. We were to dress smartly, but not too formal... whatever that meant.

I tried asking for Draco's opinion on a few options, but he said I could wear a hessian sack for all he cared. He did joke that he wanted me to wear my dress from last night again at some point so he could, "fuck my brains out," whilst wearing it. Apparently spending money on me really did turn him on.

I decided on a simple white tea-dress with covered in ditsy yellow flowers. I was debating on how to style my hair, but I waved my wand over my hair to wave it slightly, half-up and half-down, with a matching yellow bow tying back my hair. Eventually settling on an answer after about three full minutes.

Draco was in his usual black casual suit. That must have been a plus side to being male... you never had to put too much into your outfits. A nice button-down with a decent pair of pressed trousers and you were good to go. Dressed up with a tie or dressed down with a pair of clean trainers.

He was sat in the armchair underneath his window, with one leg over the other, and that morning's copy of the Daily Prophet in his lap. A blush swept across my cheeks as I looked over at him.

Draco must have felt my eyes on him, because he glanced up at me through his eyelashes and winked gently, a soft smirk curling at the edge of his mouth.