Seven: Flustered

**

Tuesday, 17th September, 1996

I never thought I would love Tuesday's, especially not Tuesday mornings. We had double Transfiguration first thing on a Tuesday, and that meant two whole hours of being next to Draco. I got to speak to him, be in his company, and I that made me happier than I cared to admit.

Professor McGonagall was teaching us the Feather Duster to Ferret spell. People were laughing and making snide comments aimed towards Draco, because of what Barty Crouch Jr. had done to him in our fourth year. I wanted to say something, because people laughing at Draco made me feel a bubbling rage that I'd never felt before, but he stopped me. He was just grateful I wanted to in the first place.

In front of us was a black and silver feather duster, and one-by-one, we were to perform the spell in front of Professor McGonagall. By the time it had got to Draco and me, I could tell everyone was feeling fed up and bored of watching the same spell being repeated.

At first, I was glad about this, however, because I thought that people would be more focussed on talking or finding another distraction to occupy themselves with. But I was really wrong...

"Oi, Malfoy! It's time to see your twin!" Seamus called over and made Hannah chuckle,

"Not helpful, Mr. Finnigan," Professor McGonagall warned, "Please, go on, Mr. Malfoy,"

Everyone's eyes were on us both, and it gave me the oddest twist in my stomach. I could feel that my cheeks were now burning scarlet. I kept my eyes on Draco, trying to ignore all those sets of eyes.

Draco performed the spell perfectly off the bat, but that's not what people were paying attention to. The ferret that had got transfigured was a white one, which caused an uproar of laughter.

"It really is your twin, Malfoy! I was just kidding!" Seamus laughed, and there was a definite cruel bite to his tone,

"Ten points from Gryffindor, that's not funny, Mr. Finnigan," Professor McGonagall scowled, "Now face the front. That was done very well, Mr. Malfoy, I am impressed. Go on Miss. Parsons,"

I took a deep breath and tried to ignore everyone staring at me, instead just concentrating on Draco, and wanting to impress him, just as the Professor was impressed with him.

I aimed my wand and the feather duster turned into a light brown ferret, but it had a much bushier tail, like it was half-duster still. I was disappointed in myself, showing that my O.W.L results were some sort of weird fluke.

"That's good,  Miss. Parsons, with some work, that will be just as good," Professor McGonagall bowed, before making her way to the front of the classroom, "Okay, now you've all had a turn in performing the spell, for the next hour, you are to keep on practising. I will just at my desk, should you need help, raise your hand, and I will be there,"

Everyone was now either speaking to the person they were sat with or had just got on with the Feather Duster to Ferret switch. I looked over to Draco, and I could tell by the look on his face that he was pissed off with Seamus, and everyone else.

I knew Hannah didn't like Draco, but that didn't stop me feeling bitterly disappointed that she had laughed at Seamus' joke about Draco. I wanted to reach out and comfort Draco, and remind him that they were all wrong, but I couldn't.

"You alright, Parsons?" Draco asked, his tone a little clipped and short,

"Yes, thank you, Draco. Are you okay?" I bit on the inside of my cheek, hoping he understood the true meaning of my question,