Seventeen: Dumbledore's Office

**

Friday, 1st November, 1996

To say Hannah was unhappy with how I was treated when she was with Seamus was a vast understatement. She ended up having a go at Zacharias, which didn't surprise me in the slightest.

But what did surprise me, however, was when she then scolded Megan and Leanne. She said to Megan that she needed to get a grip and stop blaming me for something that hadn't or wouldn't even happen, and said Leanne was just as bad for letting it happen.

Hannah also pointed out that it was just a stupid game, and she should know me enough to know I'd never hurt her like that. She said she had to listen to us all talk about her boyfriend, but she trusted us all to know it was all pretend.

Ernie, Justin, and Susan were all relieved that they'd gotten away with being berated and scolded by Hannah. Ernie was let off because he was the only one to actually stand up for me. Justin and Susan were both in the Prefects common room, so they didn't even know what had happened.

Megan felt awful and guilt-ridden, and subsequently, has been even more sweet and friendly than usual. Megan and Ernie soon kissed and made up, realising how silly the whole thing was. Even Zacharias apologised to me, which was a rarity. I was just relieved that harmony was now restored among my friends.

Neither of them admitted to it, but I also had a sneaking suspicion that Draco had said something to Zacharias. Whenever Zacharias saw Draco, all colour would drain from his face, he'd fall silent, and try to get away from Draco as quickly as possible.

Susan had met up with Lisa for break today, and Leanne was with her Gryffindor friend, Katie Bell, so sitting huddled in the common room was just me, Megan, and Hannah.

I was flicking through an old copy of the Daily Prophet that was laid on the coffee table, Megan was inspecting her chipped nail polish, and Hannah was just sitting there with a cup of coffee.

So far, it had been one of those quiet and rather smooth-sailing days. One of those days where it just seems to float on by and it's just pleasant. Divination and History of Magic had even been easy-going and quiet.

"I need to tell you something," Megan said suddenly, breaking the silence,

"Please don't say you're up the spout, Meg!" Hannah snickered, "I don't know if I could deal with a screaming baby in our dorm,"

I had to admit, their conversation caught my attention, and I was suddenly intrigued so I folded the Daily Prophet back up and placed it in my lap.

"No, my virginity is still fully intact," Megan playfully rolled her eyes, "But... Ernie and I have finally done more than kiss. He went down on me last night," Megan added, glancing over her shoulders to check no one could hear,

"That's great! How was it?" Hannah enquired, a certain look of inquisitiveness on her face. It was as though she was glad to finally have someone to speak to about this sort of thing...

"It was- okay. I think with practice and time, though, he could be good. Really good, actually. But I sort of did something terrible," Megan confessed,

"What did you do?" Hannah and I looked at each other, both asking in unison,

"I could tell he was nervous, and it wasn't my first time having that done to me, well, I sort of ended up faking it-" Megan cut her sentence short, her hand flying up over her mouth,

"Oh, don't feel bad about that! I fake it with Seamus all the time. In fact, I did just the other day. It makes them feel better, plus, we don't have that guilt when they give you the disappointed puppy-dog eyes," Hannah shrugged her shoulders slightly,