Forty-Two: Boxing Day

A/N: It's currently 23°C as I publish this in June, and I must say, it is making me excited for autumn/winter again. I am not a summer girl – hayfever is the worst and it invites all the bugs out! I can't wait to binge Gilmore Girls, wear thick jumpers, have a blanket attached to me at all times, consume pumpkin spice everything and dark, cold nights in again.

**

Thursday, 26th December, 1996

I woke up with the biggest smile on my face and stretched out to snuggle up to Draco. I felt a pang of disappointment when I realised he wasn't there. I blinked a few times to adjust to the light and glanced around the room.

I spotted a piece of parchment on Draco's pillow. So, I rubbed my eyes, pulled the duvet over my bare chest, and picked up the folded-up piece of parchment.

Down in the kitchen, come down and meet me there, darling. Draco.

It was the first morning since being at Malfoy Manor that we hadn't woken up tangled in each other's arms.

Walking over to my trunk, I put on a clean pair of knickers and stole one of Draco's plain black t-shirts from his chest-of-drawers. I threw my hair up into a bun and brushed my teeth quickly.

I made my way downstairs and stood at the doorway for a moment, just admiring his skin that was display. A flutter began in my stomach which was travelling down between my legs. He was shirtless and in just his boxers.

His back was facing me, so he hadn't known I was there yet. I took a quiet but deep breath in and walked a little further into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Draco," I stretched as I tip-toed on the freezing cold floor tiles, "What are you doing?"

"Good morning, love," Draco leant back and kissed me, "Sit that pretty arse on there for me and take those," he added, pointing his head at the kitchen island, my Healing potions sitting on a metal tray,

"I can't reach," I chuckled, looking at the huge island.

I squealed as Draco picked me up and sat me down on the kitchen island. I tried to pull the t-shirt down so it was covering my bottom more, but it wouldn't stretch that far.

"There we go, problem solved," Draco winked, turning back to look at the countertop,

"You never answered me... what are you doing?" I asked again, crossing my feet over each other, quickly drinking my Healing potions in quick succession,

"I-" Draco paused for a moment, "I am making you breakfast,"

"No, you're not," I countered, my tone full of scepticism,

"I most certainly am," Draco turned back and glanced at me over his shoulder, "I got one of the house elves to go and get some of that Nutella shit you liked,"

"Did you really?" I asked, trying to hide my surprise,

"Yes, darling, I really did," Draco playfully rolled his eyes, "Here we have one cup of tea, made just how you like, some toast with butter and Nutella and one of your little cakes,"

Draco walked over to me with a mug and a side plate with a very naughty and chocolatey breakfast on it.

"Thank you so much, Draco. You didn't need to do that," I beamed, watching as he placed the mug down,

"No, but I wanted to. First time I've ever used that toaster, I'll have you know," Draco raised his eyebrows at me, "Here you go, baby,"

Draco passed me the side plate and my stomach growled with excitement. I instantly took a bite of the toast whilst it was still warm, the Nutella had melted slightly and mixed with the soft butter. It was amazing.