Fifty-Six: Disaster

**

Saturday, 25th January, 1997

Trying to persuade Draco to come with us to Madam Puddifoots was perhaps, the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It took a lot of back and forth and we eventually came to a compromise. I agreed that if he were still uncomfortable after an hour, that we would leave.

I was wearing a baby pink dress with a fuchsia heart pattern. It landed just above my knees and had short, puffed sleeves. I knew I was going to feel the bitter cold weather and regret my choice of attire later on, but I wanted to feel as pretty as I could.

Draco was stood at the point where he used to wait for me in the mornings in our fifth year, and a wave of nostalgia washed over me for that time in my life. I remembered it like it was just yesterday.

"Hello there, darling," Draco pushed himself off the wall,

"Hello, Draco. You look very handsome," I told him truthfully,

"Yes, well, I suppose I'd best make an effort for you," Draco said, his tone nonchalant,

"Are you okay? Did you sleep well," I asked, slotting myself into Draco's arms,

"Yeah, I'm alright, I guess," Draco sighed deeply, "And I never sleep properly unless I'm with you now,"

"I know exactly what you mean," I rested my head on his chest.

Draco's hand snaked around my waist even more and pulled me even closer. My grey double-breasted coat was draped over my elbow and his fingertips were gently grazing the tulle material of my dress.

I pressed my lips into a tight line, to try and conceal the big grin wanting to form. I knew I should feel bad for making Draco come with me today, but it was hard to, when I was so close to him.

"Oh, and you look absolutely beautiful, by the way," Draco said, kissing the top of my head.

**

We agreed that we'd walk into Hogsmeade alone, and although we were walking in silence, it was a comfortable one, nonetheless.

There was still a thick, white blanket of soft snow on the floor. Draco cast a Warming Charm around me to ensure I wouldn't freeze to death or catch some sort of illness.

The sky was bright white too, and the wintry sun was blasting through the clouds. The surface of the snow was glittering slightly, and it was so pretty. All that could be heard was the crunch of our feet on the fresh snow, other than that, everything was silent.

My heart was racing a little, especially the closer we got to the edge of Hogsmeade, because all I could think about was Patrick and what happened here. But any time I looked at Draco, I was calmer for a second, because I was with him.

I really was the luckiest girl in the whole world – to be loved by someone so remarkable was the most beautiful thing.

**

"Do we have to go to Madam Puddifoots with your fucking awful friends?" Draco asked,

"It'll just be this once, I promise-"

"I can't believe the first time I'm taking you there is with those other fuckwits. I'm going to want to die, I know I am," Draco huffed,

"You know I really appreciate you coming with me, Draco," I said sweetly, hoping to help him relax,

"I'm never going to be able to say no to you, am I?" Draco playfully rolled his eyes.

He stopped us outside the front door of Madam Puddifoots before walking through. I could see from the window that Megan, Hannah, Ernie, and Seamus were already sat inside.