Twenty-Four: Jealousy

**

Tuesday, 19th November, 1996

Professor McGonagall had said to us all that she was just popping out for a few moments, as she needed to speak to Professor Dumbledore about something urgently, and this was almost forty minutes ago.

Draco and Pansy were standing at the front of Professor McGonagall's classroom. It was as though they wanted everyone to see them together. As hard as I tried, I couldn't peel my eyes away.

I forced myself to look back down at our Transfiguration textbook, wanting to think of something else. My leg was bouncing up and down with the strangest nerves I had ever felt. My stomach was churning, and my blood seemed to be running thicker than usual.

Just thirty seconds had passed before an invisible pull made me look back up at the two Slytherins. As I watched Draco stroke the side of Pansy's face, my throat filled with bile. He must have known I would be watching him. What was Draco playing at? Was he deliberately trying to hurt my feelings?

Draco stroked Pansy's cheek with his thumb, just like he always does with me. He couldn't be seeing Pansy as well, could he?

Watching as Draco was whispering in Pansy's ear, I felt an unshakable bitterness run through my veins, like hot acid or something. It was when he kissed her cheek, however, that was when my heart dropped into my stomach.

I wasn't even sad, I was angry. Seething, even. It was as though my blood had been replaced with something searing hot, so excruciating and uncomfortable, I wanted to scream in agony. I'd never felt a jealousy like it before. I thought we had got past all this asinine nonsense?

"Parsons? Hello?" Blaise said, taking me out of my thoughts,

"What?!" I snapped, my whole body was nearly trembling with fury,

"Woah... what the fuck? I've never heard you speak in that way before," Blaise chuckled, his tone almost impressed,

"Sorry, must be the time of the month... you know," I muttered through gritted teeth.

I then cursed myself – had I really just said that? Has I really become that person?! Then I cursed Draco and Pansy in my head. Fuck them both for making me feel this way. I was then cursing myself even more because it wasn't Pansy's fault whatsoever.

Fuck Draco.

"Come sit next to me, Parsons, I'll cheer you up," Blaise tapped the back of the chair where Draco usually sits.

I took a deep breath and tore my eyes away from Draco and Pansy. I slammed my Transfiguration textbook shut and decided to try something new. Draco was free to flirt with another girl, so why couldn't I flirt with another boy?

"So, come on, tell me, what's got you so upset? Has someone said something to you?" Blaise cocked his head,

"No, it's nothing important," I curled my lips slightly at the edge,

"You know I don't believe that. You can tell me, I can make it all go away, I can make you feel so much better," Blaise raised his eyebrows at me,

"And how would you do that exactly?" I said, rolling my tongue over my bottom lip slightly,

"Ohh... let's just say, I would blow your fucking mind," Blaise looked me up and down, and there was definitely a glint in his eyes,

I hadn't even noticed Draco come back over to me, or that Pansy was back sitting with Theo in front of us.

"Out of my seat, Parsons," Draco huffed, his eyebrows knitted together,

"No, I'm talking to Blaise," I said, my tone a little short.