Twenty-Five: Traitor

A/N: I'm just going to say... this chapter was awful to write. Toxic and cruel Draco at its peak. I'm also going to apologise in advance because this story is about to get sad.

**

Friday, 22nd November, 1996

Something felt very wrong about today. I thought after making up with Draco, and things still being really good between us, I would be happy. But from the moment I opened my eyes, I just had this strange feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It was similar to how I felt the morning of everyone's journey home way back in May. I couldn't describe what it was or why I was feeling it – but I was feeling really on edge and slightly nauseous.

Even though the day had been dragging by at a snail's pace, we were already in our second Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson of the day, which meant lessons were almost finished. I bobbed my leg up and down, just counting down the minutes until I can spend my free period with Draco.

"Sir, can I say something quickly? I've got something I really want to share with the entire class," Seamus raised his hand in the air, his voice having a slightly cocky undertone,

"I suppose Mr. Finnigan, you have until I'm back from speaking with Professor Snape," Professor Lupin took a deep breath, picking up a wad of parchment.

There was an eager anticipation once Remus left the classroom and Seamus made his way up to the front. He looked as though he was about to give some sort of ground-breaking presentation.

He was looking around at everyone, as though what he was about to say was going change their lives. All it did was make me feel even more nervous.

"What is then, Finnigan? You're obviously dying to tell us all, you smug looking prick," Blaise called out from the other side of the room,

"Okay, okay," Seamus nodded his head, "I want to tell you all a story-"

"A story? What the fuck, who do you think we are?" Goyle huffed, gaining a few murmurs of agreeance,

"Trust me, this is one you're all going to want to know. This is a story about two people... let's call them the Humble Hufflepuff and the Spiteful Slytherin," Seamus said, pacing along the front of the classroom.

My heart dropped into my stomach. Surely Seamus wasn't talking about Draco and me? There were lots of Hufflepuffs and Slytherins... it was probably just a coincidence, it had to be.

"Humble was the type of person who you'd never associate with anything scandalous. They were very innocent and if anything, borderline self-righteous really. Spiteful, well, they were the type of person you wouldn't trust with your cup of tea, let alone with the heart of someone you respected-"

"Finnigan, you better shut your fucking mouth!" Draco hissed, clearly thinking the same as what I was,

"As I was saying," Seamus snickered cruelly, arching his eyebrow at Draco, "No one took Humble very seriously, they never joined in with anything, and they were rarely the centre of attention. I thought I knew Humble quite well. You would never put Humble and Spiteful together, maybe not until recently, I suppose,"

My cheeks were starting to burn, I could feel them. The more Seamus was talking, the more it seemed like he was in fact talking about me and Draco. I wanted to look back at him, but I was frozen.

"Everyone hates Spiteful, maybe even those in their own house, which honestly, wouldn't shock me at all. If I were tell you that Spiteful probably corrupted Humble's mind, you wouldn't be all too surprised. Well, you could imagine my surprise when I saw Humble and Spiteful kissing," Seamus withdrew his wand from his robes.