Seventy-Four: The Boggart

A/N: There is slight descriptive language surrounding blood and gore in this chapter. There are also mentions of death and wanting to die, too, as well as a brief instance of a panic attack.

**

Wednesday, 16th April, 1997

We were in the bigger practical room for Defence Against the Dark Arts today, with the familiar peculiar, shaped wardrobe at the front of the workroom.

I couldn't breathe properly, I was frozen to the spot, as he was just three people away from me.

In between Draco and me were Hannah, Seamus, and Theodore Nott.

He was in touching distance, and I had to force myself not to turn and look at him every two seconds. He still looked deathly pale and exhausted, with black rings around his eyes, and his face was so thin it was almost skeletal. The only thing that looked remotely ordinary about his appearance was his hair was styled, and gelled to perfection.

It was his first time coming back to classes since Harry hurt him in the Prefects bathroom. I wanted to talk to him so badly, but in a way, I was a little glad we were separated up, because it meant I could resist the temptation.

I wondered if he knew I had spoken to Blaise and if Blaise had held me consolingly in the hallway, as I cried over him yet again. I also wondered if Blaise, or one of the other Slytherins had told him about me going into the Great Hall again.

I hadn't been back in there, but I was slowly beginning to eat more. I ate a few chocolate chip cookies the other evening with a cup of tea, and then after that, I found I was eating something sweet most nights.

Granted, it wasn't the healthiest of things, or the most nutritious, but it was something at least. Hannah seemed proud of me and even encouraged it, because according to her, sugar is a must when getting over heartache.

"Good morning, everyone!" Professor Lupin said to us all, "Now, I'm sure you recognise the wardrobe in front of you. Today we're going to be touching up on our knowledge of Boggarts and having a refresher on how to deal with them. I've been informed that there's a few of them roaming around the castle grounds,"

Remus took his wand out of his robe pocket and turned back to look at something on his desk for a moment.

"Now, do we all remember the incantation to repel a Boggart?" Professor Lupin asked,

"Riddikulus!" a group of people replied in unison,

"Excellent," Remus chuckled, "And what else is important when trying to banish a Boggart?"

"You need to think of something funny, sir," Susan answered,

"Well done, Susan, five points to Hufflepuff," Remus bowed his head, "Now form a line behind Terry, who will start things off for us,"

**

Hannah shoved me in front of her when we were waiting in the queue, I think to put more distance between me and Draco. He was at the very back of the line, and looked very unimpressed with the whole ordeal, just like he was back in our third year.

The loudness was beginning to get to me, and I didn't know what to do. The shrill laughter and mindless chatting was grating, and it was piercing through my skull, making my head pound. I closed my eyes and tried to drown out the incessant noise.

I knew it was unfair of me to feel that way, because it was only natural for everyone to be talkative, and just because I was miserable at the moment, it didn't mean anyone else was allowed to be happy. My sorrow couldn't be an excuse for being a bitch or being unkind. I just wanted everyone to shut up, however.