Forty-Six: Muggle London

**

Monday, 30th December, 1996

Draco and I had stayed in his bedroom all morning. I had no desire to go anywhere else, and Draco certainly didn't want to bump into his mother or father again. The house elves brought my last remaining Healing potions and our breakfast.

It was also the first morning I had woken up in Draco's house still wearing my pyjamas. Sex was the last thing on my mind, and I think Draco knew I was feeling incredibly self-conscious, because of how his father commented on our sex life over dinner.

About an hour ago, one of the kinder house elves knocked on Draco's bedroom door, relaying a message from Mrs. Malfoy. Their annual Ball was still taking place tomorrow evening, and she wished for Draco and me to attend.

I knew it was perhaps a little shallow, but the first thing I thought of was my appearance and what I was going to wear. Hannah had picked out some pretty dresses for me to wear, but nothing Ball worthy. I was expecting to be spending New Year's Eve with just Draco.

He was sat with his back against his headboard, writing in his journal. I couldn't help but swell with pride as I realised he was using the one I had brought him for Christmas.

I had to make a conscious effort not to stare at him because he looked so beautiful. The concentration on his face was making my stomach flutter and my heartbeat quicken.

I was a little restless. I couldn't stay still for some reason. I also kept opening my mouth to say something to him, but I didn't want to disturb him, so I kept changing my mind at the last minute before anything came out.

"What is it, darling? Will you just come out with it already?" Draco asked, looking up at me through his eyelashes,

"Oh, it's nothing-"

"Uh, no, don't give me that shit, Madeline. You're pacing up and down like a mad woman. What's wrong?" Draco asked again, chuckling as he looked at me,

"It's stupid," I shrugged my shoulders, forcing my feet to keep still for a moment.

Draco shut his notebook up and carefully placed it along with his quill down on his bedside table.

"Come here and talk to me," Draco pointed his head over to the pillow next to him.

I took a deep breath and walked over to the king-size, still immaculately made bed and sat in front of Draco cross-legged. He cocked his head in curiosity and a smirk ghosted over his lips.

"I need to talk to you about something, but it's really embarrassing," I breathed, nervous on how to start the topic off,

"You don't need to be embarrassed with me about anything, baby. What is it?" Draco held my hand and began stroking my forefinger with his own,

"It's about tomorrow-"

"Oh, we don't have to go, we can barricade ourselves up here. I can get Zabini up here to find us a way out of here," Draco replied instantly, his voice filled with concern,

"No, no, it's not that. I want to go with you, to just have fun with you for an evening- a memorable night for our first New Year's Eve together. It's just-" I took another deep breath, "I don't have a dress to wear to it..."

"Oh, sweetheart," Draco put head down and shook it, chortling, "Is that all?"

"Don't laugh at me, Draco. I told you it was embarrassing," I groaned, biting on the inside of my cheek,

"I'm not laughing at you, I swear. I just think you're so fucking cute, so fucking adorable," Draco chuckled, his tone was light-hearted but sincere, "You seriously don't need to worry about that. Wear anything you want – wear those Muggle denims and one of my jumpers if you'd like," he added, a lot more earnestly,