Thirty-Seven: Official

**

Friday, 20th December, 1996

"Miss. Parsons, this has just arrived for you," Madam Pomfrey placed a letter on the table over my bed,

"Thank you," I smiled graciously, recognising the handwriting immediately.

I wiped my hands discreetly on the blue knitted blanket over my legs and took one final sip of my tea. I glanced around the Hospital Wing because I was still the only one in here.

When he walked me back here last night, Draco told me he would be coming to see me as soon as he could. All of today's lessons had been cancelled because of the dance the night before, as well as a treat for everyone being so well behaved.

Instead of breakfast being in a one-hour specific time-slot, Professor Dumbledore has allowed breakfast to be much more flexible. The students were allowed to go down to the Great Hall any time between 8:00am and 10:30am.

I took a deep breath and ripped open the envelope and took out the parchment, wondering what my parents could be writing to me about.

Dear Maddie-Bear,

How are you holding up? We've been worrying sick after hearing about you getting attacked so violently. Professor Dumbledore has reassured us that you're being well cared after, which is slightly comforting.

This is probably the last thing we wanted to write to you about at this time. Things back here have been just as action packed, believe me.

Your grandmother has been in hospital herself, she fell and hurt her left hip as well as breaking a bone in her left ankle. Instead of accepting her neighbours help, being the stubborn woman she is, came home and fell down the entire flight of stairs. She landed herself in hospital again, only this time, she has begrudgingly accepted mine and your father's help. We're in Ireland at the moment and will be until after the New Year.

We're both so upset at not being able to see you over the Christmas break, we were so looking forward to showing you more around the new village, you would really like it here. We've been so welcomed, even me, being a Muggle.

Your dad and I feel awful about you having to stay at Hogwarts. We hope you're not too upset with us. We'll send you another letter over Christmas. We're so sorry, honey, we wish there were a way we could be together. It should be nice and quiet for you at Hogwarts still.

We love you and miss you.

Lots of love,

Mum and dad xxx

I put the parchment back in the envelope and placed under my pillow, because the door of the Hospital Wing opened. As soon as I saw his hair, and his all-black outfit, I couldn't help but smile.

Draco walked through the door and walked straight over to me. My boyfriend. I couldn't believe he was actually my boyfriend now, after all these months, fantasising of this moment, it's finally come true.

"Good morning, baby," Draco kissed me as he sat down next to me, "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm good thank you, Draco," I sunk my teeth into my bottom lip, "Are you okay?"

"I'm more than okay, thank you, darling. Are you having to stay here all day?" Draco asked, holding my hand,

"I think so, yeah. Did you sleep well last night?" I winced as I shuffled backwards on the bed,

"Be careful, love," Draco fretted, standing up to help me move, "I would have slept better if I were with you,"

"I was worried when I heard you'd been sleeping in the chair next to me, that couldn't have been very comfortable," I said, resting my head against the pillow,