Eighty-One: Haunting

**

Wednesday, 18th June, 1997

"Draco, I don't want to do it. Please don't make me," I pleaded with him, watching as he paced around his bedroom,

"The pain only lasts for a few days, it'll be quick, I promise you, my sweet darling," Draco stood in front of me and held out his hand.

I took it gladly, and he pulled me into his arms. We were back in Malfoy Manor, in his pristine and elegant bedroom. However, this time, we weren't alone. The manor was overrun by Death Eaters, and even Lord Voldemort.

I was forced to call him that now, either that or the Dark Lord, because the last time I refused to, I was hit with the Cruciatus Curse so severely that I passed out. Draco needed to give me care and stay with me for almost an entire week.

Word got out that Draco was still in a relationship with me because we stayed together secretly, and instead of the Dark Lord punishing Draco in the way I would have expected, he decided to punish him by means through me. I was forced to take the Dark Mark and become one of his servants.

Instead of going back to Cambridgeshire after our seventh year ended, I was made to go back to Wiltshire with Draco. I was told if I didn't go to Malfoy Manor, then my parents would be killed, and it would be all my fault.

So, I wrote a letter to my mum and dad, and explained that I was going on a six-month trip around Europe with Draco, and not to write to me until I'm back, because I won't receive it. I also hinted that they should take a trip too, but I wasn't sure if they ever did. Draco kept trying to go to the wizarding village, Railsworth, to see how they were, but he was never sent on Death Eater duties alone, especially not with me.

I celebrated my nineteenth birthday with a group of Death Eaters, and I couldn't even be with Draco, as he was in Prague on some Death Eater mission for the Dark Lord. I got drunk by myself, ignoring the awful people around me, and desperately wishing for Draco to come back.

I was lucky that I had met up with the Dark Lord just one time, and that would haunt me for the rest of my life. I had never felt so unnerved or disturbed before.

Walking down to the front parlour, where the Dark Lord was waiting for me, Draco held my hand. It was a freezing cold February evening, and luckily for me, the manor was pretty much empty. Lord Voldemort had told all the Death Eaters to vacate the premises. Draco was supposed to leave too, but he said he would take any curse or hex given, he was not going to abandon me.

The Dark Lord was stood at the fireplace, his hands behind his back, speaking a strange language to his awful snake, Nagini. I could only assume he was using Parseltongue. I just looked at Draco and I really had to concentrate on not crying.

"Good evening, Miss. Parsons. I'm delighted that you're accompanying me this evening. You're doing a very brave thing, you know, and the work you'll be doing for me will be for the greater good," the Dark Lord said in a deliberate and sinister drawl, "I understand you're not alone,"

"H-hello, Lord Voldemort-"

"I wanted you to come and see me by yourself. Why is Draco with you?" the Dark Lord turned around slowly, his tone quiet and dangerous,

"I'm sorry, my Lord. I didn't want Madeline to go through this on her own-"

"How dare you question me and go against my wishes, Draco. Might I remind you that Miss. Parsons won't be alone because she is with me. Do you think I would hurt Madeline? Choose your next words carefully," Lord Voldemort stared at Draco, trying to assert his dominance,