Thank You & Book Three

**

Wow.

After 16 months and 350,000 words, I have finally completed the sequel in this series, and at one point, I really thought I'd never get here haha.

In the "Thank You" chapter at the end of Unfolding, I mentioned that this has taken over my life, and that's still very much the case, but I absolutely love it.

If you're reading this right now, I just want you to know how much you mean to me! You have no idea, honestly <3 every vote and every comment and every time I notice the read counter go up, it makes my day, so thank you, thank you, thank you! I get a smile on my face with every notification I get.

This fic was 100,000 words longer than the first book, Unfolding... oops haha. I vastly underestimated how long it was going to be. I honestly thought it would be around the same length!

Feel free to disagree with me, but I think my writing has improved since I started on Unfolding. I also think through a bit of trial and error, I've found my own writing style and voice.

Madeline & Draco still have a lot to go through together, don't you worry! Just know that the third book is going to be trauma, angst, spice, and a bit more trauma haha :) (I'm scared – not going to lie!)

Currently, as I'm writing this, I am in the middle of moving house, so that's why updates have tapered out a little more than usual, so I've been writing bits here and there when I can. I will soon be moved in completely and I am so excited to be fully immersed back in Madeline and Draco's lives haha.

Next week, or the week after, I will be starting to publish the third book, Diminishing. Down below is an excerpt and a little sneak peek!

**

"I don't care about you.

I. Do. Not. Fucking. Care.

I think I've loved every version of Draco. I loved him when he was cruel, when he was sweet, when he was in pain, when he hid things from me, and when he broke my heart.

But I had finally met a version of him that I didn't love, and one I certainly didn't like.

Hearing those words slip out of his mouth as though they were nothing, and the glazed over, unbothered look in his eyes, accompanied by the nasty, belligerent scoff, was perhaps the last straw... the catalyst for the beginning of the end of my love for him. The last thing I wanted was to give up on him, but Merlin, he was making it difficult.

I stood there like a complete idiot, watching him walk away. It felt as though something sharp and covered in thorns had been impaled into my stomach. My skin was hot and prickly, like I had been stung a million times by Billywigs. The heart in my chest had now been replaced with something jagged and ugly.

I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. I had ran out of tears where Draco Malfoy was concerned.

Staring at the corner of the hallway he just turned down, it dawned on me in that moment – I had to do everything in my power to fall out of love with him – even though I was fairly sure that was impossible."