Thirty-Eight: Malfoy Manor

**

Saturday, 21st December, 1996

I was sat on the edge of my bed waiting for Draco to come and collect me. He said to me he was going to the Hufflepuff common room beforehand to get my trunk from Hannah first.

The Hogwarts Express was due to depart from Hogsmeade Station in just over half an hours' time, and Draco was adamant about me taking my time and getting to the horseless carriages slowly.

Madam Pomfrey did not want me leaving the castle, and it took Draco about thirty minutes to persuade the MediWitch to eventually let me go back to Malfoy Manor.

It wasn't until Draco could give Madam Pomfrey an exact run-down with the allocated time-slots of which my last weeks of Healing potions would need given to me, that she felt semi-comfortable about it.

I had decided to let Professor McGonagall know that I was still due to be leaving Hogwarts, but that I'd be going back to Draco's house instead of my own. It just didn't feel right, it was like I was being deceptive, and I'd been through enough of that to last me a lifetime.

I was wrapped up in a Slytherin Quidditch jumper, courtesy of Draco, my black double-breasted coat, my Hufflepuff scarf, and a black bobble-hat. My leg was bouncing in eager anticipation.

"You ready to go, darling?" Draco called over, his foot was keeping the door propped open,

"Ah! No, you don't, Mr. Malfoy," Madam Pomfrey went storming across the Hospital Wing to where Draco was stood, "Come here, please,"

Draco rolled his eyes and dragged my trunk forward, to act as a door opener, to replace his foot.

"One more time-" Madam Pomfrey put her finger up in front of Draco's face, "I don't want to hear it, Miss. Parsons has been under my care, and it is my duty to make sure she will still receive the same level of care,"

"Are you trying to say I'd let her get hurt? That I wouldn't make sure she was well looked after?" Draco scoffed, clearly very insulted,

"No, that's not what I'm saying, Mr. Malfoy," Madam Pomfrey tutted, but sounding a lot more patient, "I'm just stressing the importance of Miss. Parson's injuries and how much they need tending to. So, please, tell me the order she takes her Healing potions and what times,"

"First she takes the Wiggenweld, then the pearlescent potion containing Phoenix Tears, and finally, the green vial, the one containing Essence of Dittany. They are to be administered every four hours precisely. Preferably on a full stomach, but that's not essential. I know all of this," Draco said with a touch of annoyance,

"Right, that wasn't so hard, was it? That's all I needed to know. Please do not hesitate to contact St. Mungo's with an enquiries or concerns, they are aware of Miss. Parsons' condition," Madam Pomfrey handed me a brown paper bag with all of my potions in it,

"Thank you, Madam Pomfrey. You've taken very good care of me, and I really have appreciated everything you've done for me," I said to her honestly, hoping she took my gratitude as being sincere,

"You're most welcome," Madam Pomfrey bowed her head at me, "Oh, and Miss. Parsons?"

"Yes, Madam Pomfrey?" I cocked my head slightly,

"Merry Christmas, you thoroughly deserve a nice time. Just please, don't overexert yourself at all," Madam Pomfrey gave me a knowing look, "I've also given you a month's supply of the Contraceptive Concoction, to be on the safe side,"

"I'll be sure to be careful, I promise. Merry Christmas, Madam Pomfrey," I smiled at her shyly, my cheeks blushing.

Draco put out his hand to help me off the bed. He took the potions off me, and his fingers intertwined with mine.