Fifty-Five: Decompress

**

Tuesday, 21st January, 1997

It was almost completely silent in Professor McGonagall's classroom. We were currently in our second period of Transfiguration and starting our new topic, Teacup to Gerbil.

Draco's hand was resting on my thigh and his thumb was slowly stroking the material of my black nylon tights. He whispered in my ear that he would talk me through anything I didn't understand later on.

There was suddenly three loud raps at the wooden door, which got everyone's attention.

"Come in!" Professor McGonagall beckoned whoever it was.

My stomach lurched as I saw his head of light-brown curly hair, Hufflepuff robes and his yellow Head Boy badge.

Draco tensed up beside me and his hand on my thigh tightened even more. I turned to look at him rather than Patrick. His jaw clenched and his usually grey eyes had turned almost completely black.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, Professor, but I was just wondering if I could borrow Madeline for just a moment, please?" Patrick said, with his hands behind his back, and trying not to look over at Draco and me,

"Of course, Mr. Baldwin," Professor McGonagall bowed her head,

"Thank you, Professor," Patrick cleared his throat and pulled his lips at me as we made eye contact,

"I don't fucking think so," Draco snarled so quietly that only I heard.

Patrick and Draco were staring at each other, and more whispers had picked up. Everyone was either looking over at me and Draco or over at Patrick. I could only focus on Draco, however.

My stomach had dropped, and a strong wave of nausea washed over me. The last thing I wanted was to go anywhere with Patrick alone. My hand flew up to my chest and I subconsciously felt for the pendant on my necklace.

Before I could say anything to Draco, he smashed his lips on mine, and it was clear what his intentions were – he was showing Patrick what belonged to him. His hand was possessively on my face and his tongue was swirling mine. My eyes widened but slowly just accepted it and got into it.

An eruption of cheers and laughter ripped through the classroom. It was all muffled to me, though, because all I could focus on was Draco.

As soon as we pulled apart, Draco's eyes were glued to mine. My chest was heaving, and my eyes were glittering.

"Thank you for that, Mr. Malfoy," Professor McGonagall tutted and rolled her eyes, "Miss. Parsons, please go with Mr. Baldwin,"

"I don't want to go with him," I whispered,

"I know, baby, I'm not particularly fond of the idea. Tell me if he tries anything funny or does anything to upset you, it doesn't matter how small you think it may be," Draco said, his eyes still pierced into mine,

"Okay," I nodded, "I love you,"

"I love you more, okay? Meet me in the Prefects common room after," Draco said, before giving me one last peck on the lips,

"Right, that's enough now! Can you all just get on please?" Professor McGonagall huffed, sounding very impatient, "Parsons, please, just go with Mr. Baldwin,"

Draco nodded at me, silently telling me, "it's okay and I love you."

I squeezed his hand before picking up my satchel, the chair scraping on the floor as I got up. I noticed the way Draco was sneering at Patrick with pure venom in his eyes, almost warning him.