one - you're so vain

I wiped down the back tables at Benny's, putting up the chairs as I went. Last call was about thirty minutes ago, most people heading out to the bars that still served alcohol past the hour. Benny, he would never. This bar had been in his family for so long, he would rather lose money than lose the place completely.

"Townes, this one's for you!" I heard Tasha my roommate call out from the other side of the bar. She leaned on the jukebox, her long blonde hair in a messy braid, barely hanging on. Tasha was the first person I met when I moved to Los Angeles, our dreams aligning always, me a singer and pianist, Tash a drummer. She took me under her wing and we haven't looked back since.

"Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" by Shania Twain started playing over the speakers and she called out to me, "Let's go girls."

We began dancing towards each other to the beat of the song, both our hips swaying along to the rhythm, "C'mon." I sang to Tasha before climbing up on a table near me, meanwhile she jumped up and sat on the bar.

We sang the lyrics to each other, Benny laughing and watching from behind the bar.

"I'm goin' out tonight, I'm feelin' alright, I'm gunna let it all, hang out."

The music kept playing and Tasha and I worked through the routine we had performed many times after hours, as I heard the chorus coming up, I bent down to pick up the beer bottle on the table, using it as a microphone.

"The best thing about bein' a woman, is the prerogative to have a little fun." We sang the chorus together, my hips swaying up and down to the rhythm.

At the end of the chorus, we heard clapping from the doorway and both quickly turned to the entrance. I had to blink to make sure my contacts weren't messing with me, because there he stood. Tall, dark and incredibly handsome. His muscles flexing as he clapped, black engravings like a sleeve over his arm, one of the two ever present dimples on his face as he half smiled at us.

Harry Styles.

I turn to look at Tasha with the same wide eyes she was throwing my way, before turning back to him, "Last call was about thirty minutes ago." I said crossing my arms across my body.

"Well, a performance like that deserves at least one beer don't you think?" He smirked at me, his eyebrow raised just a bit.

"I don't know. I don't make the decisions, all depends on Benny over there." I said pointing with my chin at the bar.

"What do you say Benny? Just one beer past the hour?" Harry said, playful politeness behind his voice.

Benny looked over at me then back at Harry. He grabbed a glass placing it under the bar tap, serving a beer, "I just happened to serve this one, right before last call. Just has been sitting here, no one's seem to have touched it." He slid the glass down the bar in front of a stool and walked away.

Harry chuckled, glancing over at me. He shrugged and I couldn't help but roll my eyes playfully as I made my way off the table. I cleaned where I had been standing, before making my way over to the jukebox box.

I looked over the options, smiling over at Benny, "Hey Ben, this one's for you." I clicked start, and "You're So Vain" started playing, Benny's eye roll causing me to crack up.

"You girls and this gosh darn song, and that darn movie," he turned to Harry, "Every Friday night closing, they make me watch that stupid ass movie about losing a man in thirteen days—ten!" Tash and I called out cracking up.

"Whatever, and they sing this song to me like it has meaning to me!" Benny said slamming down some bottles.

I walked over and leaned on the bar near Harry, "Awe, come on Benny, you know you love it."