twenty nine - two of us

Harry's POV

I had reluctantly started my day early today, that meant leaving Townes in our bed; nothing felt worse than that. Especially on a day like today that would be full of meetings. I had to make sure everything was according to my liking at MSG, had two meetings for a Gucci campaign I was working on, and meetings about the next album. The latter making me the most nervous as I was in a bit of a musical stump. The only song I had at least words written down to, was the one Sarah, Mitch and Townes had wrote, and even with that, it was no where near ready.

The elevator doors opened to the lobby of our lofts and Jeff Azoff my manager stood by the door waiting for me. Jeff was also my best friend, he had really helped build my career, and though I felt like he never let me rest, I was happy to be working like I did.

"Hazza...you look....good?" He said raising an eyebrow.

"Well don't sound so certain mate." I chuckled, running my fingers through my hair.

"It's just for someone who's been touring like you have, you got a...a...—glow?" I interrupted and he laughed.

"Yeah!" He laughed and I shrugged.

"That would be Townes doing, if I'm being honest. I've been clean, for about a month almost. Drugs wise, I still need my tequila on the rocks. She's just, a breath of fresh air." I smiled, pinching my lower lip and Jeff nodded.

"Well, if this is the result, I'll keep making sure those pictures don't make it to press." He smiled.

Somehow, we had managed to keep me and Townes under wraps since Valentine's Day. After our date, multiple pictures were sent into the tabloids by simple bystanders but we managed to keep them under wraps. Photos from fans were being take down from Twitter so quick. There was still some talk, fans starting to connect that it was Townes, but for the most part, no one knew.

It kept everything sane for now. The peace of the world not knowing, it helped with what we were developing. I couldn't even begin to imagine what would come from the stress of the press and what she and I went through in Dublin. I was just grateful it didn't.

We stopped for lunch between the two Gucci meetings and I peeked down at my phone opening up a text from Townes.

T: I miss you. Come home.

I smiled at it like an idiot before peeking up at Jeff. He was busy having his own phone conversation so I quickly called Townes.

"Well if it isn't the man who abandons me during the cold mornings."

I chuckled and ran my fingers through my hair, "I promise it was reluctantly. I miss you too by the way."

"How are your meetings?"

"Good, just two more to go. The people at Gucci liked my ring."

She giggled, "I'm glad. Let them know refunds for the talent are always appreciated."

I laughed and shook my head, "I knew there was a reason you stuck around."

"What can I say, I'm very smart in all my approaches. Harry?"

"Yes Townes."

"I really miss you, like miss you miss you." She said softly, and I bit my lip.

"Like, miss me? Miss me?"

"Mhm, if you don't hurry home, I'll have to handle the missing you all by myself."

I swallowed hard, adjusting my legs, "Townes."

"Harry."

"You better not."

"Or what?" She challenged, and I took a deep breath.