forty seven - the party

Townes' POV

I arrived at Harry's party, feeling nerves creeping over every part of my body. Harry had sent a car for me and it dropped me off right in front of the red carpet they had set up. I wanted nothing more than to be able to walk around it, but the way everything was set up, I couldn't avoid it.

"Name?" A tall man with a head set asked me.

"Umm, Townes...Carolina Townes." I smiled small and he nodded, his smile big.

"Right! Follow me, I'll walk you through the press line. Don't worry just pictures." He said before turning and leading me to the main area of the carpet.

I quickly fixed myself. I had on a green silk ballerina like dress. It hugged my waist but shot out just slightly at the hips. My hair had been blown out, and I had simple gold jewelry to complete the look.

I watched as the man popped my name on a screen so everyone knew who I was, and the pictures quickly started. They started yelling my name, asking me to turn certain ways, and I just kept my composure, same smile and pose as I moved down the line.

When I was finally done, I let out a a long breath I didn't even realize I was holding. I moved with the crowd, finally making myself into a room filled with picture of Harry on the walls. Photos from the album shoot were everywhere and he, well he looked amazing in everyone.

I looked amongst the faces of people, trying to find someone I knew, when I felt a hand slip around my waist and pick me up spinning me around.

"Well if it isn't my little sister who seemed to have forgotten I exist!" I heard Mitch say as he put me down, and I quickly turn to hug him.

"That's not true! You suck at responding. I literally talk to Sarah and Pauli everyday!" He chuckled hugging me back tightly.

"I know. I like being the victim in these things." He teased and I rolled my eyes as I heard Sarah's squeal. I quickly pushed away from Mitch, my own squeal starting as we pulled each other in an embrace.

"Good God Townes! You can't do this to me again!" Sarah exclaimed as we hugged.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I miss you too." I smiled squeezing her tighter and soon another pair of arms was around Sarah and I, Pauli.

"Tooooownes! The legend is back amongst us!" He said and I couldn't help but laugh. We all broke from the hug and I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I missed you guys so much. Truly. I was jealous of all the fun you were having without me!" I scrunched my nose at them.

"Hey, we had a moment of silence before every activity from how much we missed you." Mitch teased and I reached over pinching his arm softly.

"Oh shut up." I chuckled and bit my lip looking around the room, "So where is the man of the hour?"

"Late, you know, has to make his grand entrance when there is enough people to praise him." Sarah said shrugging and I cackled.

"Right, sounds about right. Well, then, in the mean time let's get some drinks." I smiled.

"Okay, but just one for now, we still have to play later." Sarah smiled, wrapping her arm around me as we made our way to the bar.

Harry's POV

I made my way through the red carpet, did all the interviews, the photo ops. Everyone's number one question was the same.

So what's the name of the single.

This was the first time I was dropping something with so little context, and it felt exciting. At the same time, I felt so nervous that people would be disappointed by the track. This was more for Townes than anyone though, so I kept rolling through the nervous feeling knowing we already had the second single lined up as well.