thirty six - jeff & aileen

Los Angeles

Townes' POV

The last few days of New York went by quickly. Saying bye to Tasha was tough, but I knew I would be back with her soon. Harry and I had spent the last few days of New York alone, turning down invitations to go out every time.

We spent a lot of time having deep conversations we hadn't had before. Really taking time to talk out our inner demons.

Harry and I sat in the bathtub, I was straddling him, my forehead resting against his, "What's your biggest regret in life?" I asked softly, my hands tracing the features of his face.

"Honestly, the time I missed with my stepdad. Can't get it back, no matter how I try to maneuver it." He whispered softly and I nodded.

"I'm sorry, that's tough. You know, sometimes I wonder if I'll feel that way about my parents. I don't want to, I just, don't know how to talk to them." I bit my lip softly and he leaned up kissing my nose.

"If I tell you something, you won't get defensive, or mad?" He asked and I shook my head, "I think both sides are just on the attack. I do not, at all, condone what they have done to you, and how they talk to you. I just think, if you ever want to talk to them, you have to not be ready to pounce. Just breath, and say, 'I respectfully disagree, but I want to respectfully find a common ground for both of us.' You know what I mean?"

I searched his eyes as he searched mine and I sighed, nodding, "I know. I just hate that I'm automatically the bad guy. Then I start acting like the bad guy. It's hard to be the bigger person."

"I mean, I heard both of them, I wouldn't be able to be the bigger person either. And you don't have to baby. I'm just saying, if you want to make it work, then that would be the key." He smiled small and I nodded.

"Can I ask you something that might upset you?" I whispered and he nodded, "The women before me, that you were, you know, dominant with. Did you care for any or...like us you know?"

He bit his lip and furrowed his eyebrows, "No, but, I did lead a couple on, and then just left. Didn't respond. Acted like they meant nothing. And I know it sounds bad Townes, but they didn't. There was just some that were more willing to be around, that I kept them there."

I nodded slowly, looking down at his lips and he reached up lifting my gaze to his, "Not you, okay? I love you, Townes. I've never felt about any of those women the way I feel about you. That's why Valentine's Day freaked me out so badly. It....it hasn't happened recently, but before, I used to see Camille's eyes whenever I thought about moving on. It would haunt me so badly. Since that night in Dublin, they haven't come back. They haven't haunted my mind since. And I think it's because since then, I just knew, I couldn't lose you. I can't lose you."

I bit my lip and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him deeply. I felt his smile against the kiss and I couldn't help but smile too, "I love you." I whispered against his lips and he kissed me again.

We pulled up to my grandparents house and I felt so overwhelmed with emotion. I didn't even bother waiting for him to fully park the car, I was out that door and running up to the house in no time. As I reached the door it swung open and there stood my grandpa, I flung into his arms and he held me tight.

"Missed you too, you skinny nut." He chuckled and I did too.

"Where's grams?" I said looking over his shoulder.

"She went to the store for those rolls you like with your food. Brat." He poked my stomach and I shrugged.

"You're just jealous I'm her favorite." I giggled as Harry walked up the steps. I loved how he looked against the background that was my life. His faded jeans, loose white band shirt, a small mustache he was growing out, his hair tied back.