forty five - the album

Harry's POV

"You want to release an album,...in three months? While touring? Haz, are you insane." Jeff said, watching me as I packed.

"Not the entire album, just the concept, a teaser and a single. It doesn't need a music video. We can save that for the second single. It's just important." I said, folding my clothes the way Townes taught me to make more room.

"Why do I feel like this has to do with Townes?" He said sitting on my bed.

"Because it has everything to do with her. The song is about her. I want it to come out when she comes back on tour." I said, moving around the room as I talked.

"They are going to want the entire album Haz. You've been promising them an album for a year. If we say three months for that, they are going to want the entire thing." Jeff ran his fingers through his hair, almost as if trying to calculate every second we would need to get this done.

"Make it happen. I can record from anywhere. Give me a studio, make one wherever I am. I can do this Jeff, because I really want to."

"How many songs do you have done? Ready to record that I can show them. Everything got pushed back with the funeral, so how many?"

"Four. Falling, Golden, Carolina and Watermelon Sugar." I said, moving to sit next to him on the bed.

"Okay, you don't leave until 10pm tomorrow night. I'm going to try and find a studio. I need those all recorded tomorrow. Figure it out."

"I'll do it. You won't regret pushing this for me Jeff, I promise." I smiled and he rolled his eyes.

"Let's hope not. Alright. I'm going, gotta make Harry Styles sized miracles happen." He said and I chuckled nodding.

"I'm ready."

Townes' POV

"Townes!"

"No, grams. I'm staying okay, it's just a couple months, everything will be fine. You need me right now. And don't tell me otherwise." I said, laying on the couch covering my eyes. We had been arguing about this all day and I couldn't take it anymore.

"And what are you going to do? Go back to singing at the bar? Barely making enough to survive."

"Yes. I have money saved. So for the time being, yes. And I'll also be writing songs. And taking classes. I'm not just going to sit around grams. But I need the space to grieve also, with you. I can't do that on tour." I said, blowing out a big breath.

"Fine, but I want to see you doing those things Carolina. Your grandfather is probably rolling in his grave right now at the thought of you staying here."

"Ugh, grams he's just fine in there, I promise." I uncovered my face and peeked over at her and she rolled her eyes.

"He probably is. He's too busy upstairs looking for Elvis and all the greats." She shook her head a bit and we both laughed.

"I love you, Grams."

"I love you too, Townes."

Harry's POV

Jeff got me in the studio, the whole band helping to make everything work out. We laid down all four tracks. Every drumbeat, every guitar solo, every background vocal. The producers worked hard to get everything mastered and ready to be sent to the record label; with Carolina as the leading single.

I sat on the floor at the back of the studio, waiting for everything to have the final seal. Sarah walked up to me, and to my surprise sat next to me. She leaned her head on my shoulder.