thirty two - benny

Townes' POV

Tasha was here! She had landed about fifteen minutes ago and I waited outside of JFK impatiently for her to come out. After checking my phone for the hundredth time, I spotted her walking out and squealed running over to her. She took me in her arms and I hugged her tightly, but her response was not what I expected. I felt her shudder and then heard her crying. I pulled away and looked over her face.

"Tash....what's wrong?" I said, searching her face.

"I just..." she sniffled wiping her nose, "When I landed, I got a text from your grandma, Benny's in the hospital. They're closing the bar down for the entire time I'm gone."

"Wait, what? No,....is he okay? What happened?" I said, panic filling chest. I felt the tears start to form and she shrugged.

"I don't know. She said for us to call her when we are back at your place. She doesn't want to explain until we are home." She wiped her nose and her eyes quickly and I nodded.

"Okay,.....okay, come on, the car is over here. Let's get to the loft." I grabbed one of her bags and we hurried to the car.

We walked into the loft, letting the door slam closed behind us, and we ran to the couch, Tasha calling my grandma on FaceTime as she went. We sat close to each other, squeezing close so we both fit in the camera, and the moment my grandma answered we both started crying.

"Girl, girls please no tears. He's okay, he's stable. He just got a little stressed. It felt like a heart attack and it thankfully wasn't, so now he just has to rest for a bit, they are going to monitor him for a couple days. They want to make sure his heart is fine before they let him go home. Tasha, when you get back, you're going to be running the place. He has to take as much time off as possible."

Tasha nodded biting her lip, and I searched my friends face. I felt guilty, I was living my dream and she was stuck. With the responsibility the bar required, I worried she wouldn't get to audition and go out to chase her dreams.

"Tasha, you need to hire more people as soon as you get home. You can't do that alone, you have to keep auditioning, taking classes, you have to." I said and she turned to me biting her lip and nodding.

"I agree with Townes, Tasha. You can't do it alone sweetie." My grandma smiled at us.

"Can we talk to him?" I asked, twisting my hair up and clipping it.

"Not today, okay girls? Let him rest, tomorrow."

"Okay, I have sound check at two my time, so before then please, or maybe like three my time after sound check." I said, and my grandma nodded.

"I miss you, Townes. Can't wait to have you back home." She smiled small at me and I nodded.

"It'll be before you know it." I smiled, leaning on Tasha.

"Okay you two, enjoy your time, okay? He is fine, I'm with him, so just relax okay?" She said and we nodded, "Okay, bye girls."

"Bye." We both said before hanging up.

Tasha and I spent most of the afternoon just cuddled up on the couch watching tv. We both hadn't been able to stop crying thinking about Benny, so we both kept watching sad movies to help get all the tears out.

Harry, who had been out working on music with Mitch, finally came home around dinner time. He walked through the door and took one look at us raising an eyebrow.

"I see two sad best friends who should be a lot happier than this." He said and I pouted softly at him, shrugging.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He said, walking over and sitting on the couch next to me.