ten - maple

Townes' POV

"I'm sorry granny, I told him not to call you guys." I said, as I set up my keyboard, getting to the rehearsal room early again.

"I wanted to smack him, Townes. He really was talking to his momma in that manner. His voice raised like that."

I bit my lip sitting at the keyboard, "But you didn't tell him where I'm at right?"

"No, sweetie, no. I told him I didn't even take you to the airport, which I'm not lying about."

"I'm sorry for making you lie, and go through this. How's gramps?" I said, playing a soft melody.

"Don't worry sweetie. He's good. Tasha brought him some of that pasta you both make that he loves." She laughed and I smiled.

"I'll have to thank Tash for that. Have you talked to Benny? He's always busy when I call."

"No, but there's a game this Sunday, so he'll probably be here. I'm going to make some baked beans and rib tips."

"Oh, stop it! I'm so jealous. I've um, I've been spending a lot of time with Harry, and he doesn't eat meat, granny it's a crime." I laughed and she did too.

"Well you tell him I said, to give my baby some good bbq. Do they even have that in the land of the queen?"

"I'm sure I can find a place, and I'll let you know how it didn't compare to yours at all."

She laughed and sighed. "I miss you, Carol. I want to go to a show, when you're here. Make it happen, okay baby?"

"I will, I promise. The VIP experience."

"I'm coming home, I'm coming, I'm coming home, I'm coming home." We all sang with Harry. Sarah and I smiling at each other, the harmony I had written out for us sounding even better with Harry.

Harry raised his hand, signaling us to stop and singing softly to himself, "What if, during 'quick pause in conversation, she plays songs I never heard' we stop the music, and just sing it, adding claps to the beat for the crowd to join, and as I sing 'and I keep thinking back to' we start up again? Can we try that?"

We nodded and worked through it a few times, until we found the right place to start. I clapped when we finally did it, "Wait, that sounds so great. I can't wait to practice in the actual arenas."

"That's the best, when you really hear it. And then the crowds, you'll probably cry your first time." Sarah smiled, and I covered my face.

"Ahhh!" I giggled and everyone laughed at me. Harry kept trying to fight his smile, and looked away from me.

We ran through a couple songs before taking a break. Harry left the rehearsal room, and I chose to ignore that he didn't look my way at all. He had said it wouldn't be different and I was trusting that.

I had spent the previous night after he left prepping an over night bag, as well as myself. I shaved every inch of me, exfoliated and moisturized. I didn't know exactly what would happen tonight, but I knew I should be prepared for anything.

"Townes, can you listen to this?" Sarah called out and I walked over, sitting on the floor near her.

She started playing a beat on the drums over and over, until she stopped and bit her lip, "It's something right? You hear it?"

"Yeah, um, do it again?" I said, closing my eyes as she played it, as she did I heard a bass guitar playing something with it. I turned and looked over at Mitch, "Hey Mitchell, grab your bass yeah?"

"We are on break!" He called out.

"It's for Sarah!"

"Oh, coming." He said getting up and grabbing his bass. He came over and Sarah chuckled a bit.