twenty five - timing

Harry's POV

Niall came to the show, but it didn't take long to make me realize it wasn't for me. He was here for Townes. We would be heading on to the stage in ten minutes, and we all hung around the sides, watching the opening act finishing up.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched them, smiling at each other as they talked. Niall's hand was on Townes' waist and I hated that he thought he could do that already, after one night. Yet, I also knew I didn't know what happened last night when they walked home.

I knew Townes well enough to know she would never sleep with someone on the first date; but she also had said she would never sleep with me. I hated this feeling, I hated that I allowed myself to get to a place where I could feel this way about her.

Townes' POV

Niall's fingers dug into my waistline in a way that was driving heat through my skin. He had stayed late into the night after dropping me off. Though nothing happened other than long conversation, our bodies were so close by the end of the night, the tension could be cut with a knife.

I was never one to sleep with anyone of the first night, but with Niall, I almost broke that rule. We both had each other stupidly wrapped around each others finger and we both knew it. I had a feeling it was nothing more than the build up to a hook up, but with how sweet he was I didn't mind.

The opener finished their set, making their way off the stage and I turned and pat Niall's chest softly, "It's time for you to go, Irish man."

"Mm, well I'll be cheering the loudest for you." He smiled small and I chuckled.

"I'll keep my ear open for it."

"I'll be yelling, Townes, lemme take ya on a date." He chuckled and I laughed shaking my head.

"Go away!" I pushed him softly and he turned to walk away to his seat.

I turned and faced the stage, taking a deep breath, stretching my hands and fingers. I felt someone stand next to me, and when I turned I was surprised to see it was Harry. I quickly faced back towards the stage, keeping on with my stretches.

"Good luck out there today." He said softly and I sucked in air. His voice feeling so foreign directed at me.

"Thank you. You too." I said softly and saw him nod out of the corner of my eye. We both just stood there in silence until it was time to head out, the band filling the stage before he ran out as the crowd roared back at us.

Harry's POV

"Mate you still fucking got it I swear!" Niall exclaimed pulling me in for an embrace, "That was the best fucking show."

I chuckled and pat his back as we broke the hug, "Mate it was better when I did it with you." We both shrugged and laughed.

Everyone else came off the stage, and he turned to face the band, high fiving them, but when Townes came out, he pulled her in for a tight embrace, "But you stole the show honestly. Sorry Hazza." He called out and I shrugged, turning to Mitch who gave me a soft eye roll.

Townes' POV

I pushed softly out of Niall's embrace at the look on Harry's face and smiled at Niall, "So you enjoyed it?"

"I did, I forgot how good Harry is at this." He smiled and I nodded.

"Yeah, he's definitely a natural." I chuckled small, "Hey listen, I know you asked if we could have a night cap, but do you mind if I just rest for our day out tomorrow? Someone didn't let me sleep last night." I said, the last part lower than the rest not wanting anyone to get the wrong idea.