seventeen - moral compass

Townes' POV

We arrived at Harry's house, and he fiddled with the lock, struggling to get the key in. I took it from him, opening the door. I walked in throwing his keys on the hall table, wanting to get to my room quickly.

"Townes." I heard him call out, but I kept pushing forward, "Townes."

His long legs helped him catch up quicker, he grabbed me and pushed back onto a wall, his body pushing so close to mine. I closed my eyes and turned my head away from him, I couldn't handle looking at him right now.

"Did you not hear me calling you? Come to my room." He snarled, his voice so different.

"No." I said, my eyes still shut, my face still away from his. His lips moved hungrily along my neck, his teeth leaving painful marks. I tried to push him, but I couldn't, "Harry, please I can't do this anymore. I don't want to do this anymore."

He moved his face to look at me, my eyes looking at his for the first time, his pupils so dilated, red around the edges. He searched my face, and shook his head, "You don't mean that."

"I do." I bit my lip, hating that I was crying. I hated that in this moment he was a stranger, I couldn't smell his scent, he reeked of tequila, and other women's perfume.

"No."

I pushed him back softly, "Yes."

"No." He said again, stepping forward.

"Maple." I said, the word finally making it through my drunken brain. He stepped back, his face stiffening, and he nodded. He backed himself into the hallway wall across from me and I turned and quickly ran to my room.

I crawled into my bed, curling up tight after kicking off my heels. I couldn't stop my tears, I felt stupid for thinking anything was changing. I felt stupid for allowing any of this.

Harry's POV

I don't want to do this anymore.

I hit my forehead with my palm over and over. I sat outside her room, racking my brain about what to do. I hated the mixture of cocaine and alcohol clouding my senses.

I took a deep breath, standing up and pushing her door open, I moved towards her bed, crawling in, and I hated how she pulled away, her eyes jumping open, fear in them. She had been crying, her mascara staining her face.

"Townes." I whispered softly, "Please."

She searched my eyes, and something in them told me she wouldn't push me away. In here, our safe space, she wouldn't. I pushed her legs down softly and moved into her arms. It took a moment, but she eventually wrapped her arms around me. We didn't say anything, but if tonight was the last night, I needed to feel her close one last time.

I looked up at her, and leaned in slowly, scared to have her pull away. My lips met hers, softly, my tongue running along her lower lip. She allowed it, kissing me back. Her tears could be felt, the wetness moving along our face. I was breaking her, and I normally didn't care, but I cared. Her tongue found mine, our kiss deepening. I wanted her to feel control in this moment, I wanted it to be about her.

I pulled her carefully on top of me, our lips never parting her tongue finding mine. I pulled her face closer on mine, reminding myself of the cocaine and my strength. Trying to be gentle.

Townes' POV

I felt like all my senses were heightened. I felt flustered, but I couldn't turn him away, I couldn't push him away. Not in this softness, not in this tenderness that he never displayed with me. He pulled me on top of him, and I felt like I had a power he never allowed me to have. He pulled my face closer to his, his touch gentle, and different. I could feel his fingers trembling against my face, like if the adrenaline was coursing through him.