Chapter Seven~Witch Brew

~Braden~

I couldn't open my eyes. I didn't know where I was or what was happening to me. All I knew was the uncomfortable heat and the throbbing pain that was driving me insane. I was now to the point of considering death.
A damp rag gingerly cleansed the sweat from my face and body and then a soft pair of lips were placed on my forhead. I could hear soothing words being whispered, but I couldn't make them out.
Whenever a tearing, burning pain would rip through my body, I would feel someone wrap their hand in mine and I held on tight so that it reassured me they wouldn't leave. I felt cold ice being placed on my bare chest nd stomach only for it to almost literally melt when it made contact with my body.
At one point, I was being picked up then gasped when my body was submerged in freezing water filled with ice. My yes flew open to see Electra standing beside a large Jacuzzi size bathtub. My head slipped down into the freezing water cutting off my oxygen supply. She was trying to kill me.
I felt thin fingers wrap underneath my arms and yank me back up. I weakly blinked away the water and looked up at Electra as I gasped for air. She looked different...she almost looked like a normal teenage girl. It was then that I realized her normally dark clothes were swapped for yoga shorts and a baggy white t-shirt. Was this even the same girl? The same abomination and killer?
"Stay up. I don't want you drowning in my tub," she says nonchalantly. Yeah, same Electra. I feel my body start to slide down into the water again, but am too weak and in too much pain to stop it. My head is enveloped by the ice and water once again.
I feel something brush against both sides of my ribs and then am hauled up by my arms again. Electra grunts and pushes my body foreword slightly then sits behind me with her legs pulled up at my sides to keep me from falling to the side.
I fall back limply against her chest and feel her shiver. "If I would have know I would have to baby you then I would have just left you on your floor," she complains and I slowly close my eyes to the rhythm of her heartbeat hoping it will take my attention away from the pain.
I hear Electra shiver behind me from the freezing water. She surprisingly doesn't complain and lowers her legs so that they lay beside mine in the water. I groan in pain when the muscles all over my body feel like they are ripping apart. A roar of pain rings from the room and my hands grip her thighs tightly.
I know it hurts her, but she doesn't say anything or even wince in pain. She shocks me by grabbing one of my hands and wrapping her fingers into mine. My head rolls to the side and my nose brushes the warm skin on her throat. From here, I feel her steady heartbeat and feel every breath she takes. I catch the faint scent of cigarettes mixed in with fading perfume and find it oddly intoxicating as my body rides out the pain.
She moves her head to where I feel her lips rest on my temple. "The worst part is done now. The fever will remain, but the growing will stop," she whispers against my temple and I feel her vibrations all through my body. Growing? That was growing? It felt like I was being fucking torn apart.
"You only have to stay in here a little longer, just a little longer," I hear the waver in her voice and a soft sign. She was cold, freezing probably and she still stayed. "W-why?" I say through chattering teeth and manage to open my eyes to see her exotic cerelean ones staring deep into mine.
She stares intently at me for what feels lile fucking forever before she opens her mouth to speak. "Rest now. You're body needs it," she murmers and avoids my question. My body oddly obeys and my eyes drift closed. Once again, I fall asleep near the vixen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My hand digs into the soft, soap smelling pillow and I curl it closer to me. My body is hot and sweating, nothing compared to last night though. I crack open my eyes thinking to see the sun's ray in my room; what I found was the complete opposite.
The sun shyly peeked out from behind thick, red velvet curtains and cast a faint morning glow into an unfamiliar room. I sat up against the headboard and let out a pained grunt from the sudden sharp pain in my head.
I placed my hand on my head to dull the faint ache and looked around at the room. Cream colored walls looked back at me adorned with paintings of nature and exotic animals. A dresser and wardrobe sat to one side of the large room and what looked like a bathroom was not too far away from it. A door stood to the far side and a vanity stood near a corner.
A vintage looking chair with faint pink fabric and pillows was placed beside the bed with a small table and lamp by its side. An opened book sat on the desk along with a red ribbon marking its place like someone had just stopped reading. I took in the entricately carved mahogany bed posts and head board and then my eyes moved to a balcony with its doors wide open. Thin, white curtains danced from the small breeze and a fresh, earthen morning scent wafted inside.
"When you sit up like that your head will hurt," Electra's voice informed me and I quickly turned my head back around to find Electra sitting in the now occupied chair. I groaned in pain and my hands flew back to my head. It felt like the worst hangover in my life. "Where am I?" I groan and massage the sides of my head.
She signs and stands from her seat. She places her hands on my shoulders and the pleasant scent of faint cigarettes and perfume floats to my nose. I'm eased back against the array of white silk pillows and I sigh when the pressure in my head fades away. "I told you your head hurts when you sit up like that. Damn your burning," she complains and stands upright beside the bed.
I scan over her quickly and see that she ditched the shorts and oversized t-shirt and was now wearing a form fitting, little black dress. It stopped just above her knees and showed only a small amount of cleavage. The sleeves of the dress went all the way to her wrists and her brunette hair hung down her shoulders in soft waves. She looked beautiful, almost innocent. It was the ice in her eyes that told a hard, mean tale.
"As for your question. You are in my house," she says and places her hands on the slight curve of her hips. "Your fortress?" I asked in a rasp morning voice. She let out a laugh then sat back down on the chair crossing her legs. "No, this is my home," she motions with her hands. "The one you don't know about. The one no one knows about," she says with a smile and places her hands on her knee.
"Except for my most trusted employees," she added and I scoffed and rubbed the beads of sweat from my forehead. "Employees? More like murderers and drug dealers," I growl out and I see her eyes narrow.
"You shouldn't talk that way when you have no idea what's going on. Especially in your place right now," her voice was firm and held that venom I knew she had. One wrong move and she wouldn't hesitate to kill my ass.
There was a knock on the door then a withered looking man came in carrying a silver tray. Electra rose and took the tray from him thanking him before he left. She carried the tray back to the bed and set it on the small table.
She picked up a steaming cup of what I guessed was tea and sat on the side of the bed. I looked at her then the cup skeptically. "This will calm the fever," she said and brought the cup to my face. I recoiled and she brought the cup back with a frown on her face.
"If I wanted to kill you I would think of a better way then poisoning you. What a p*ssy move that would be," she snapped then shoved the cup to my lips. "Drink," she demanded.
I grunted and took the cup from her hands. I tried to ignore the shocks and warmth that came when our fingers touched, but I nearly bit my tongue. I sniffed it and caught her rolling her eyes at me. It looked like tea, it didn't smell strange.
I took a leap of faith and quickly drank the warm liquid. "THE FUCK?!" I spit when the liquid drains down my throat. I begin coughing and splattering and she takes the cup from my hands while laughing her ass off.
It tasted bitter, sour, rotten...it tasted like someone boiled a bunch of old socks then made tea out of it. It tasted horrible and then I saw her laughing. She was actually laughing. Not the psycho killer laugh, but a teenager girl laugh. She finally stopped when she saw me watching her and wiped the tears from her eyes.
It was strange. I felt warm and...happy when she laughed. I felt like I was with a long time friend and not in the house of a psycho killer. "What was in that?" I finally asked. "Oh, just some gunpowder, raw egg, chicken broth, some herbs...the good stuff," she shrugged her shoulders.
"The good stuff? You probably just killed my ass with that--that witch brew!" I spluttered and raised from the pillow slightly only to have my head ache in protest. I fell back onto the pillows and closed my eyes moaning in pain.
"Poor baby," she cooed mockingly and I heard the cup being set on the table. The bed shifted and I felt cool hands being placed on the sides of my face. "Want a kiss to make it better?" She cooes and my eyes fly open to see her stormy eyes inches away from mine. My heart begins to pound and I start to sweat even more.
Her eyes flicker down to my lips and she slowly traces her tongue across her own. Her eyes meet mine deviously and a smirk forms on her lips. Thoughts of my headache and fever fly out the window and I find myself watching her seductive movement. SLAP!
I flinch and blink rapidly as I try to process what just happened. The bitch just slapped me. She chuckles to herself and props her elbow on my chest to gaze down into my eyes. "Poor baby. Did you actually think I was going to kiss you?" She mocks and traces my collar bone with one of her slender fingers.
"You didn't hesitate to do it the other night," I shoot out without thinking. Her eyes darken and she jumps off of me so fast that my head feels dizzy for a few seconds. I hear heels click against tile floor then a door slam. Damn, she was bipolar.
She was a psycho killer though who kidnapped me. Well, she did save my life in a way. I did need answers for what was exactly happening to me and who better to tell me the answers than one of the only surviving freaks? I was a freak now, I guess, or I was in the process of being one. Once I got my answers I'd escape and call Darby. She saved my life, but she was still a psychotic criminal.