Chapter Twenty~Nine Rise of Electra

A/N: I WOULDN'T CALL THIS A FLASHBACK, BUT IT DEFINITELY IS SOME SORT OF INSIGHT INTO ELECTRA'S PAST THAT MADE HER WHO SHE IS...

    "W-what have they done to you?" My voice quivered as I placed my hand lightly over Serenity's pale one as she lay strapped down to an examination table. Her once long halo of sunshine blessed hair was now gone. They had shaved off her hair completely leaving behind a stubbled-looking head laced with old white and pink scars that were visible on her scalp. What nearly made me cry out in horror were the deep gashes all over her face that nearly made her unrecognizable. A large portion of skin on her right cheek looked to be almost entirely peeled off and hanging by a few meer, fleshy threads of her skin. Her eyes were half-lidded and weak looking, so unlike her natural radiance. She looked--she looked like something from a gorey horror film. I could barely recognize her underneath all those gaping wounds and blood.
    It was her though...Serenity. Some of the deep surgical lacerations on her face had been crudely stitched back together while others remained open revealing the bloody muscle and tissue underneath. Her once angelic face was completely mangled and disfigured, defiled by those bastards. Only her innocent doe-like eyes remained untouched. Why? Why would they do this to her?
    "Electra?" Serenity called out to me weakly as I began to remove the leather straps that bound her body to the metal examination table. My fingers numbly fumbled with the straps on her wrists working to free her so that I could get us both out of here.
    "I'm here, Serenity. I'm going to get you out of here but we have to hurry because I set a bunch of rooms and Mistress's office on fire," I spoke as I removed the large leather strap that was belted to her waist. The thin, white gown she wore was coated with droplets of her innocent blood.
    "No," Serenity spoke so softly that I barely caught wind of the single word she spoke.
    "What?" I asked and locked eyes with her finding myself unable to look at her destroyed face without feeling overwhelming caged anger. They did this to her and I would make sure they all burned for it. I would make sure they burned for each and every boy and girl whose blood and tears they shed.
    "G-go," Serenity whimpered and I watched as her honey-brown eyes glazed over with swelling, fat tears. "I'm--I'm already dead. Just please--please just go, Electra." She had truly gone mad! I wasn't going to leave her; she was like a sister to me. She was the only family I had, even if we didn't share blood.
    "I'm not leaving you," I said sternly,  however my voice began to tremble with emotion.
    "Yes, yes you are," Serenity spoke tenderly and I watched as her cracked, blood stained lips quivered. "Look at what they did to me. I'm so tired Electra, please let me have peace. Please go."
    "No," I said more firmly and clenched my jaw when I felt tears prick my eyes.
     "You need to go," Serenity pleaded as tears began to leak from her eyes to mingle with the blood on her cheeks.
    "I'm not leaving you!" I cried out in fear and frustration. I had never been so scared in my young life as I was in this moment. Serenity was all I had left in this world and without her I was nothing and no one. I didn't think I could go on without her.
    "You can't carry me out of here, Electra," Serenity softly pointed out.
    "I can, just let me try," I begged and scooped my hands up underneath her back and lifted her slightly off of the examination table only for her to cry out in pain. I quickly and gently eased her back onto the table and looked at her broken, bloody face that was wretched with pain. They were going to burn for doing this to her, all of them would burn.
    "I-I'm not going to m-make it, Electra," Serenity's lips trembled when she opened her warm honey eyes again. A lump formed in my throat when she said the very words I knew to be the cold truth, yet still denied. Some part of me wanted to hold onto the bare thread of hope that Serenity and I would still make it out of here and live a life I knew that we should. However, reality was much harsher.
    Serenity was going to die. There was no way she could make it down three levels of a burning building in the state she was in, but I would rather die trying to do so then let her die alone on this damn table. Without her, there was no reason for me to make it out of this hell.
    "L-let me try," I pleaded and took hold of her cold hand in my own feeling her give a small reassuring squeeze.
    "There's a reason for everything, Electra. Everything that has happened had a purpose. You have a purpose. D-don't let them destroy you," Serenity whispered then I watched in horror and agony as her eyes drifted closed for the last time. Her hand grew limp in mine and I let it fall back onto the table to take a step back and away from the table where she now lay dead.
    D E A D. Serenity was gone. Innocence was gone. Hope that we would both get out of here or someone would save us was gone. I had nothing and no one left.
    The room seemed to darken and heat from the scorching hallway seeped into the room making it almost unbearably hot. My hands clenched into fists driving my fingernails into my palms so hard that I could feel myself pierce my own skin.
    "I'm sorry. I am so sorry I couldn't protect you, couldn't save you. You will not be forgotten, Serenity. With my last breath, I will make them pay. I will make them suffer...burn," I whispered to the lifeless, dissected angel who lay on the examination table sliced open like a lab rat. They were going to burn for this. They were all going to burn for this.
    With one last lingering look, I allowed my heart to show its emotions as tears pooled at my eyes blurring my vision. For the last time, I allowed tears to roll freely down my cheeks from the confines of my heart. For the last time, I allowed myself to feel something...anything. For the last time, I felt that I had a heart before it grew cold and drew into itself as it shriveled and withered away into a hard stone.
    Then, with fire in my eyes, I ran into the burning hall where flames licked up the white walls to seek revenge on anyone who deserved to be punished. Flames hissed and bit at my skin, yet I ignored the pain and used it to fuel my ever growing rage. I ran with a frozen heart and burning soul leaving my innocence behind in that room with the only light that had been in my life growing cold on the table.

PLEASE
VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???