Chapter Forty~Six Wrong Snake

"If there is a new player in the city then we must meet at some time. I would rather meet this woman sooner than later." I wasn't looking for another allie or business association, however I needed to know who she was and what she wanted.
"I don't like the sound of this." Bull grunted. "Something doesn't feel right." I finished my glass of bourbon after hearing his words. Nothing ever felt right. Someone was always trying to steal from me under my nose or knife me in the back. I was used to it, this was nothing new.
"She knows me, so I must know her. This, Lilith."

~Electra~

    "You need to think this whole thing over." Braden says for the hundredth time since I told him about what happened and the letter I received earlier this morning. "This crazy bitch blows up a f.ucking police station then wants to meet up with you. Doesn't that set off warning bells?" I finished zipping up the side of my black dress then turned to face him.
    "I told you not to worry, I am Electra Volcov after all." I smirked.
    "Electra, you can't go." Braden said with a shake of his head.
    "Braden, I know you're worried, but trust me when I say that I've already had things arranged incase she tries anything." I attempt to assure him.
    "Electra." Braden closes the space between us then places his hands on my face so that I am forced to look up into his eyes that looked down into mine. Worry swam in his eyes. "Electra, something doesn't feel right about this. Just stay, please?" Something doesn't feel right... Bullseye spoke those exact words to me hours earlier, however I wasn't about to tell Braden that.
    "I love it when you get all protective and possessive over me." I smirked. That was the wrong thing to do.
    "Dammit, Electra. I'm f.ucking serious. Something is telling me that you need to stay, I've got a bad feeling about this." Braden's voice pleaded for me to stay.
    "I will come back and in one piece." I murmered in assurance.
    "If you're going then I'm going too." He stated adamantly. I pulled away from his hold.
    "This is a business meeting between Lilith and I. I will take some of my men with me and have more posted at the club, however I want you to stay here just incase things become heated." I explained.
    "Now I'm definitely coming." He crossed his arms at his broad chest like an over-grown child.
    "You would just get in the way if trouble did arise." I bluntly replied.
    "Gee, thanks." Braden scoffed as he looked down at me with narrowed eyes. "I can take care of myself and more now since I've got that f.ucking serum shit in my body. I'm like a f.ucking super human and am perfectly capable of taking care of us both." Braden tried to convince me.
      "You're hard-headed, you know that?" I sighed and couldn't hide the smile that formed at the corner of my lips.
    "What can I say?" Braden gave a shrug. "You've rubbed off on me."
    "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I felt my smile grow.
    "Mmm, both." Braden unwrapped his arms from his chest to put his hands on my waist and bring me closer to him. He moved one of his hands up to tilt my chin upwards then placed a small kiss on my lips followed by another. He tried to deepen the kiss, however I pulled my head back.
    "Are you trying to seduce me so that I'll stay, Agent Cross?" I asked with mock shock. He gave me a wicked, crooked grin.
    "Is it working?" He asked.
    "If you're going I suggest you get ready and meet me downstairs." I placed a finger against his lips when he tried to swoop down and kiss me once again.
    "C.ock block." Braden called out to me when I started towards the door, my heels clicking against the tile flooring.
    "You won't be saying that later tonight." I teased and didn't need to look back to know that he was standing stiff in more ways than one.

    Our bodies moved through the mass of dancing bodies, four men flanking each side of us not counting Bullseye who trailed behind. Braden grumbled slightly under his breath and pouted like a child when he discovered to his dismay that Bullseye was our driver once again.
    Eyes turned and voices lowered as we past, many knew who I was, however they didn't care. Of course they were nervous or perhaps even frightened due to my presence, but they came here on their own accord. They knew who ran this place, what went on underneath the table and still they came. I hated this f.ucking city. If not for the few innocents that lived here, I would have already burned the damn thing to the ground.
    I moved to my private booth and sat down with Braden sitting down beside me. I waved my hand gesturing for Bullseye and the others to disperse. They disappeared back into the crowd leaving Braden and I alone.
    My eyes scanned over the crowd until a waiter stopped in front of us and gave me my regular drink before quickly walking away as if he were afraid I would bite him. From the corner of my eye, I could see Braden eyeing people with a wary gaze. He was worried, I could see just how worried he was by how tense his shoulders were.
    "Relax." I spoke up and sipped my glass of whisky. Braden turned his attention to me.
    "I'm telling you, something doesn't feel right." Braden whispered in a hushed tone.
    "Everything is fine, I've got everything under control." I assured him.
    "I' m still saying we should just f.ucking leave." Braden muttered. My eyes spotted Bull's shining head from the upper level of the club where he stood by the railing. His eyes found mine as I took a sip of my whisky. Bull nodded his head off to a corner near the bar and I looked in that direction to find a man staring at us. He quickly turned away when he saw that he had been caught.
     A cop. Wonderful. They must have been staking out my establishments waiting for me to show up at one of them. I wonder how long it would take for the Calvary to arrive?
    "We've got company." I spoke up.
    "You see Lilith?" Braden questioned.
    "No, pigs." I corrected him and saw him stiffen.
    "Where?" Braden asked just as the power was cut off leaving us in complete darkness for only a few seconds before the red emergency lights kicked on. A low murmur of panic swept over the crowd just as a deep voice rang out.
    "GET OUT! EVERYBODY CLEAR OUT!" Someone bellowed just before men burst through the entrance of the club. A S.W.A.T team poured into the club causing panic as people tried to leave. It was a madhouse as people fought to get out of the doors.
    "Electra." Braden's voice drew out in a nervous tone.    
     "Things are about to get interesting." I murmered against the rim of my glass as I watched undercover cops and agents usher the people out of the building. Slowly, people trickled out of the club until only Braden, I, and the cops remained. My eyes glanced up to where Bullseye had been standing to find he had gone as well.
    The S.W.A.T men quickly formed a perimeter around us, neither Braden or I moving. One of the men dressed in a S.W.A.T. uniform stepped forward and pointed his rifle at us.
    "Get the f.uck up with your hands up, slowly!" He barked at us. I gave a sigh and downed the last of my whisky before standing up. Braden walked in front of me as we stepped out from the booth area. "Search them." The same man ordered and two other men came near us and quickly searched us. One of them pulled a gun from Braden, however I didn't wear one. They stepped back as the man who had spoken walked closer.
    "Take him outside, all of you go outside!" The man ordered while motioned his gun at Braden for him to leave. Despite the helmet, I could tell that his eyes were burning into me.
    "Come on." One of the men neared Braden and urged him forward with the tip of his rifle.
    "Hey, I'm not going anywhere without her. I said I'm not f.ucking going anywhere without her!" Braden yelled at the man when he refused to move.
    "Go, Braden." I softly urged him to leave. He turned to me with wide, worried eyes. "I'll be alright, just go." I assured him and gave him a small smile.
    "Electra--" Braden murmered then was shoved forward. He turned his head back to look at me as he was escorted out of the club by the men.
    "I said to go! All of you leave!" The man ordered the remaining men who looked hesitant to leave. They reluctantly walked towards the exit and walked out of the club leaving both I and this man alone.
    "What the f.uck is wrong with you, huh? Why are you so f.ucking sick and twisted? You're a f.ucking crazy bitch who bombs innocent people and kids. You're a f.ucking monster." He spat out with venom dripping from his words. My hands still remained in the air as he drew closer.
    "Who died?" I bluntly asked causing his entire body to freeze. It took him a long moment before he finally answered my question.
    "My brother. You killed my f.ucking brother. He was in that building you blew up." He growled.
    "I'm afraid you've got the wrong girl." I smirked and felt a sharp, throbbing pain as he whipped the side of my face with the barrel of his automatic rifle. My head turned to the side from the force, my hair falling into my face. I slowly turned my head around to face the man then licked the blood from the corner of my mouth. The pain a dull throbbing, yet it was nothing compared to what I've been through before.
    "You're no better than I, little blue boy." My voice was low as I stared into where I knew his eyes lay hidden underneath the helmet. "Revenge is a nasty mistress, but get your facts straight before you go after the wrong snake. You in fact have the wrong snake and I suggest you leave out that door at this moment before you have to be carried out in a body bag." He stood unafraid, too driven by revenge and rage to know what he was getting himself into.
    "The only one who's gonna be carried out in a body bag is you, bitch." He growled and took a step closer. The sound of automatic gunfire could be heard erupting from outside of the club followed by screams.
    "Are you sure about that?"

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???