Chapter Forty~ Five Cut Too Deep

~Braden~

    I woke and raised my head from the pillow where I lay on my stomach to find that Electra was curled up at my side, my arm wrapped tightly around her

I woke and raised my head from the pillow where I lay on my stomach to find that Electra was curled up at my side, my arm wrapped tightly around her. My eyes found hers that were wide awake. Beautiful...
"How long have you been awake?" I asked and cringed at the sound of my dry morning voice. I inwardly flinched at the thought of my morning breath, however Electra didn't seem to notice or mind. A small smile curved up Electra's lips, the sight making my heart soar.
"I woke before the sun came up." Electra answered.
"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked then rolled onto my back and stifled a yawn with the back of my hand. Electra adjusted herself so that her elbow dug into the bed and her head lay in her hand. Her hair spilled around her face while she looked down at me.
"I didn't want to wake you, you need your sleep." Electra murmered in a tender, soft tone that I didn't know she could use. My breathing became unsteady when she reached out and tentatively traced the curve of my lips with her warm fingers. I took hold of her small wrist in my big hand and kissed her fingers and the palm of her hand all while I looked up into her eyes.
"You need your sleep too. Did you sleep last night?" I asked.
"I slept enough." Electra answered with a shrug. She moved her hand from my grasp and brushed away a few wisps of hair that lay on my forehead. "Why are you staring at me like that?" Electra smirked.
"You're beautiful and I really want to kiss you right now." I mumbled and moved my eyes to her lips. Electra's lips swooped down and captured my own, her teeth lightly nipping on my bottom lip before she moved her lips softly against my own. I moved my hands down to her hips and guided her body to mine so that she was straddling me.
Her already wet mound pressed against my d!ck causing blood to shoot down south causing it to harden even more. I sucked in air through my teeth.
"F.uck." I hissed out when she gently stroked her hand along my d!ck then grasped it and began pumping up and down its length. "Ah, shit!" I yelled out when Electra raised herself then positioned the head of my d!ck at her soaked slit. I nearly came right then and there when she bit her lip as she sunk down slowly taking me inch by inch.
She rose herself up again only to plunge back down causing our skin to slap together. Oh f.uck. I could feel the head of my d!ck press against her walls when she sunk all the way down. She continued to ride my d!ck, her full breasts bouncing with every movement. My hands that held her hips helped her move up at down and tightened around her curvy waist when I felt her walls impossible tighten around my d!ck.
I felt her release all over my d!ck as she came, a sharp gasp flying from her lips as she did so. She continued to ride me to help me find my own release that came not long after. My c.um shot up deep inside of her and mixed with her own release as she moved against me at a slower, sloppier pace.
Unable to sit upright any longer, Electra slumped against my chest with my d!ck still inside of her. My hand moved to her back and slowly ran up and down her spine as we both tried to find her breath.
"That was--that was nice." I cleared my throat.
"Nice?" Electra questioned from the crook of my neck. I could practically hear the smile in her voice.
"It was very nice." I added. "You know..." My voice trailed off when I brushed hair away from her face so that I could look down at her. "You should probably get on birth control or I need to start wearing a condom." I wanted kids sometime in the future, they weren't something I thought about but we haven't been using protection and Electra had already made it clear that she didn't want kids.
"There's no need to do that." Electra hummed against my neck. She wanted kids?
"Uh, why?" I asked, my hand on her back stilled.
"I can't have children." Electra murmered. Can't have children. Her words echoed throughout my mind.
"Is it because of the P-88?" I asked and hoped I didn't overstep some kind of boundary.
"No." Electra answered in a quiet tone as if she were in some other place, some other time. I felt her grab my hand then place it just above her hip. I moved my fingertips along the skin there finding the skin to be raised and feeling oddly wrinkled and smooth at the same time. It was the long scar that wrapped around to the back of her spine, the one I had caught glimpses of. "When the orphanage was burning and I was trying to get out I fell down the roof and sliced open my side on the corner of a drainage shoot. It cut too deep and took almost four days to fully close. I know the cut was too deep." My fingers traced the raised scar in what I hoped was a soothing way.
"I'm sorry." That was all I could think to say. Electra gave a small sigh.
"It's nothing to get upset about." Electra brushed off the fact thay she would never have children. We fell into a short round of silence.
"Did you ever want kids?" I heard myself asking.
"No." Electra was quick to reply. "You?
"If I find the right girl." I replied.
"Did you ever find her?" She asked against my neck after a few seconds of silence.
"Yeah."
"What happened to her?"
"She's with me now." I traced Electra's spine feeling a shiver go up it. Electra fell silent, but I knew there was inner turmoil in her head. I just lay there holding her in my arms wanting to take away all the pain from the past and protect her from any harm in the future.
I wanted to stay like this forever. Just her and I. I wanted to forget that she was the headmaster of a ring of illegal business. I wanted to forget that she had a personal vendetta out on the city that did her wrong. I wanted to hold her close and never let her go. My small dream ended when a knock at the door sounded.
"What?" Electra called out after she removed herself from my body and sat beside me on the bed.
"We have a problem." The bald bastard's deep voice sounded from the other side of the door. He better not f.ucking come in here. Just incase he did I sat up, ready to shield Electra's naked body from his eyes.
"What is it?" Electra sighed with annoyance.
"It's something that needs to be talked about in private." He replied knowing I was in here.
"Just a moment." Electra called back and moved from the bed and towards her closet in search of clothes. She came back a minute later wearing dark skinny jeans and a white button up shirt. She sat on the edge of the bed so that she could slip on a pair of black heels.
"Electra." I spoke in a low voice incase baldy was listening. She turned to me as she finished putting on her heels.
"Relax, Braden. I'm not going to f.uck him." She smirked hearing the concern that was wrapped around her name that I had spoken. "If I wanted to I would have done so already." She stood up then leaned towards me to brush the hair from my forehead where she placed a kiss on it. I knew my forehead was sweaty from the sex we just had, yet she didn't grimace and instead gave me a smile that had my heart skip a beat.
"Get dressed and I'll meet you downstairs in a few minutes." Electra spoke over her shoulder when she moved to the door. I watched her disappear out of the door then ran a hand through my sweat matted hair. Boy, you've got it bad.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Electra~

"What seems to be the problem?" I asked Bull as I swirled around the bourbon in my crystal glass. I sat in one of the large leather chairs of the library with my legs crossed while Bull sat across from me in another. He didn't so much as glance down at the bourbon in his glass, his eyes fully focused on mine.
Braden's words from yesterday repeated in my mind. He's in love with you. I assumed he was attracted to me, but I didn't think it was anything more than that. Perhaps admiration? I finally took notice of the way his eyes were always on me when I was in his presence. How did I over look this? Perhaps, it was because I have grown so accustomed to it that I've grown to ignore his staring.
"Someone blew up a police station in the north end area. There were no survivors and a few civilians and kids got killed who were near the building." Bullseye answered.
"And, what does this have to do with me?" I asked then took a sip of my bourbon.
"They're saying you did it." Bullseye explained.
"Of course they are." I spoke in a bored tone. Everything that was wrong with this damned city was my fault. "Who did it?" I asked, assuming someone must have bragged and staked claim on the attack.
"No one has spoken up about it, but this was dropped of for you at one of your establishments." Bullseye handed me an envelope with my full name scrawled out in elegant letters.
"Poisoned?" I asked Bull as my finger traced the writing of my name on the white envelope.
"No. The dogs didn't pick up anything." Bull replied. It wouldn't be the first time I was sent something laced with poison or gifted with a little explosive toy. I tore open one end of the envelope then removed the letter. I unfolded the crisp paper and began to read the elegant, hand written note.
My dearest Electra, I didn't mean for you to take the blame for the little fun I had so I must apologize for that. I have waited so long to meet with you, but I had to wait for reasons that I can only explain in person. I have waited so long for us to be together and now we can. You don't know who I am, but you will soon. I would very much like for us to meet tonight at one of your clubs, The Dark Horse. I will be there around nine tonight and hope you will give me the pleasure of meeting me there. We've so much to discuss and I cannot wait to see you.
With all my love and heart,
Lilith
"Lilith?" I questioned aloud and stared down at the letter.
"Who is she?" Bull asked.
"I don't know her, but she apparently knows me." I answered and folded the letter again. "She wants to meet with me at The Dark Horse. I assume she wants to talk business." I place the letter on the arm of the chair and take another sip of my bourbon.
"Are you going to go?" Bull asked.
"If there is a new player in the city then we must meet at some time. I would rather meet this woman sooner than later." I wasn't looking for another allie or business association, however I needed to know who she was and what she wanted.
"I don't like the sound of this." Bull grunted. "Something doesn't feel right." I finished my glass of bourbon after hearing his words. Nothing ever felt right. Someone was always trying to steal from me under my nose or knife me in the back. I was used to it, this was nothing new.
"She knows me, so I must know her. This, Lilith."

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???