Chapter Twelve~A Warning

~Electra~

My frail body trembled and drew itself together as I stared at the meal that consisted of eggs, toast, a heap of pancakes, and orange juice before me. They wanted to keep my strength up by feeding me well, the scientists and doctors did. When I ate for the first time I got sick and didn't want to look at food again.
I wasn't hungry anymore. I hardly felt any hunger? Was I dying? Was my body shutting down and no longer needed food?  Ha, I wouldn't be so lucky. I was tired of watching my friends die, tired of being beaten, tired of being stabbed by needles...I was tired of living. What I hated most of all was the screaming of the children in the other cells who were burning alive from the inside out. Those were the ones the doctors just left down here. I was the only one, the only survivor, and I hated it.
I couldn't take it anymore. I had to get out. I felt like a caged animal. I was a caged animal. The cell door opened revealing Mistress and a watchman. Most caged animals go crazed after awhile, and like most crazed, caged animals...I attacked.
I flung my small body with inhuman speed towards Mistress and heard her let out a scream before I crushed her windpipe with a single blow of my fist. I yanked the watchman's gun from his holster and put a bullet in his head. Blood sprayed droplets all over my face and I took a step out of the cell with the gun still in hand. There was no stopping me now....

Electra...

Electra....

"Electra, " my eyes opened and I peered up from the bathtub to see Bullseye standing nearby. "You need to see this," he says and flicks on the tv. I look up at the tv groggily from the after effects of Bliss and see a news woman standing in front of a shot up house.
"Investigators conclude that the murder of the family was in fact carried out than none other than New York's menace, Electra..." I drowned out the blonde bitch's voice and gripped the sides of the tub tightly.
"They're framing you," Bullseye states with venom in his voice and I sit up with a sigh. "Bring the car around front, " I order and he's already walking out the door. I will give them something to blame me for.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

I wish I had never gotten injected with that shit. It was ruining my life. I finished off the second bottle of Jack and am finally starting to feel something. Normally I would blackout from the amount of liquor I just downed, but I was barely feeling anything.
I jumped up from my chair in the kitchen when I heard the sound of old rock music vibrate through my house. I slowly crept out of the kitchen area and into the living room to see that my music player was on.
I switched it off and stared at it for a few moments. I knew my Ipod had been off. It hadn't been on all day.
I shake my head and turn around only to jump back a step and knock into a table at the sight of Electra inches away.
"You're tall," she says bluntly and looks up at me with scrutinizing eyes like I was a freak.
"How the hell did you get in? I had all my windows and doors locked," I say while trying to calm down my breathing.
"I've never noticed how tall you were before. I mean damn you're mother must have had hell pushing out your big ass," she says then finishes off with a smirk.
"Why did you bring me back home? Why did you let me go? Why did you kill that family?" I asked and watched as she plopped down on a couch and crossed her legs.
She rolled her eyes and picked at a string on her short black dress. "One question at a time. First off, you should know by now that no door or window ever made can keep me out. As for your last two questions, I like my solitude sometimes." She answered.
I opened my mouth to ask why she killed that family and she 'shushed' me. "I came to warn you," she stood up and walked over to me.
"About what?" I asked and swallowed nervously at how close should was. I remembered what happened the last time we were close, especially what happened after it.
"You have a few rogue law enforcers in your department and they're sullying my good name," she says and pulls away from me to look at a row of football trophies I had on a shelf nearby.
"What?" I asked not really understanding what she was telling me and why.
"Bad cops, Agent Cross. A few rotten apples are infecting a few strings that are connected to me. I came to tell you to watch your back. Just because I saved your life doesn't mean I won't snatch it away if you get in my way. I will bring down the rouge cops who think they are untouchable and you will stay out of my way. Clear?" She asked and finished off with a smile that had my stomach drop.
She was planning to do something, something big and bad. "Electra, what are you going to do?" I asked slowly.
Her smile faltered to a small smirk that held too many secrets for my comfort. "I'm going to fix things, Agent Cross. You really don't know what you've gotten yourself into," she stated then took small steps towards me.
On instinct, I backed up with every step she took until my back was firmly pressed against the wall. A dark, predatory look was in her cloudy eyes as she looked up at me.
"What are you--"
She gripped my shirt in her fists and tugged me down to face level with her. I swallowed nervously when her lips feathered against mine.
My eyes closed on their own accord and my body grew hot from the feel of her body close against mine. "I'm sorry," she murmered against my lips,"but I can't have you getting in my way." She pressed her lips fully against mine then pulled them away quickly. The tingling sensation on my lips disappeared when I felt a hard blow to the side of my head, then nothing.