Chapter Forty~The Viking

¡NOT EDITED!
Jaco Van Den Hoven as The Viking>>>

~Electra~

    "Hey, where are you going?" Braden asked as he walked out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist. I managed to tear my eyes away from his water glistening body and finished tugging on my boots and threw on a black coat.
    "There's been an incident at one of my warehouses. Everyone was killed and they took thirteen cases of Bliss I had stashed there. I'm going to go settle a few things." I placed a handgun in one of the deep pockets that lay hidden in my coat then adjusted my hair.
    "Well, I'm coming with you." Braden informed me and moved towards the closet to get dressed.
    "Absolutely not." I said with finality.  
    "Why not?" He called out from the closet where he was getting dressed.
    "I'm not in a very forgiving nor merciless mood and tend to get...vicious when angry. Believe me when I say you don't want to see that." I tried to persuade him to stay.
    "Believe me when I say that I'm going." Braden walked out of the closet fully clothed in a pair of dark washed blue jeans and a grey long-sleeved t-shirt that clung to every contour of his defined chest. He finished tugging on his shoes then stood tall and determined with his arms crossed at his chest in a defiant manner. He looked like an overgrown child.
    I frowned and moved over to the nightstand where I pulled open the drawer and stuck my hand inside. When my fingers grazed the cool metal, I pulled it from the drawer then walked over to Braden. I dangled the gun in front of him in offering. He looked at it like one would a foreign object.
    "Don't tell me you don't know how to use this thing." I sighed. Braden crossed his arms then took the gun from me and held it in his hands before placing it in the waistband of his jeans.
    "Put on a jacket then meet me outside. I'll be waiting in the car with Bull." I instructed and turned on my head. "Hard headed, overgrown child." I grumbled the last part as I was walking out of the room.
    "I heard that!"
》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

    Electra had five vehicles in all, including her black Range Rover, in her entourage. Of course, the bald son of a bitch just had to f.ucking drive Electra's vehicle. We were driving somewhere deeper into the city, into the darker parts where not even the cops patrolled anymore because too many didn't come back.
    I watched as three other black vehicles pulled off in front of us and zoomed ahead of us leaving just the Range Rover and one other vehicle.
    "Where are they going?" My voice broke the suffocating silence.
    "Somewhere." Electra answered and I didn't ask another question. Her answer let me know that she wouldn't give me a straight answer anyway. We pulled up along the curb that sat directly in front of a restaurant that had the tattered sign flipped to closed. The place looked rundown and sketchy, but I didn't take it as a hideout.
    "This is the place." The bald guy gruffly remarked and turned off the vehicle. Electra adjusted the sleeve of her black coat before opening the door and stepping out. I opened the left passenger side door and stepped out, a dank smell clung to my nose as I closed the door behind me.
    "It says they're closed." I pointed out to Electra when she walked over to the glass door and pulled it open, clearly ignoring the big ass sign that read 'closed'.
    Electra walked straight inside with the bald guy closely behind her. I gave a sigh and followed hoping we weren't about to get our damn heads blown off.
    "Hey, the sign says we're f.ucking closed!" A man's deep, scratchy voice yelled from somewhere. "Are you f.ucking deaf and blind too?" The man's voice yelled seconds before he emerged from a curtain behind the desk area. He was a skinny man dressed in a white dress shirt that had greasy food stains on the front. His dark, eyes scanned over us. "Who the f.uck are you?" He spat out looking to me. I wasn't the runner of this outfit and kept quiet.
    "My name is Electra Volcov and I believe you've something of mine, sir." There was a mocking edge to her tone. The man's eyes fell onto Electra and I watched as his eyes scanned her from head to toe.
    "You're Electra?" The man asked in disbelief then let out a short laugh.
    "Your boss has something of mine and I want it back. Where is he?" Electra ignored the man's question, her voice tight and sharp.
     "Listen lady, I don't care who the f.uck you are, you don't come into The Viking's place and start--" My eyes widened when the man was cut off by the bald guy moving quickly towards him. The bald guy grabbed the man by his pale throat and slammed him up against the wall. His eyes grew wide enough that they looked like they would pop out of his head. Electra moved closer to where the bald guy had him pinned to the wall by his neck.
    "There are many things I don't tolerate, sir. One major thing being that I absolutely do not tolerate rude behavior. What do you think I should do to him, Bull?" Electra kept her eyes on the panicked man.
    "Cut out his tongue." The bald guy said nonchalantly while he looked into the man's eyes with a cold expression on his face. The bald guy reached into his long coat then pulled out a long ass knife.
    "Wait--wait--wait!" The man panicked, his eyes focusing on the long blade that was in front of his face.
    "I will ask again, where is The Viking?" Electra asked in a fluid voice.
     "Downstairs. H-he's downstairs in the private lounge. G-go through the curtain then a black door." The man stammered.
    "Bull, inform the others to rendezvous here. I'll be downstairs." Electra instructed and moved towards the curtain. I followed while the bald guy stayed behind with the man still pinned to the wall.
    "What about him?" The bald guy asked Electra. Electra stopped and glanced back.
    "Make it quiet." Electra stated then turned around to walk towards the curtain. I couldn't pull my eyes away when the bald guy raised the knife to the man's throat then jerked his hand causing blood to pour from his throat.
    The bald guy lowered the man's body to the ground while he was still trying to gasp for air. My head snapped up to look at Electra only to find that she had already went behind the curtain. I gave one last look at the man who was bleeding out on the floor and at the bald guy who was cleaning his blade on his coat before following after Electra.
    I walked through the curtain just in time to see Electra opening the black door and walking inside. F.uck. I quickly moved towards the door and looked down at a set of black painted steps that led into a basement area.
    "Electra. Electra." I hissed under my breath in an attempt to get her to stop walking into what could be her death. She either didn't hear me or ignored me as she stepped down from the last step.
    "Who the f.uck are you?" A man's voice asked and I heard my heart begin to thrum in my ears. F.uck. I took the rest of the stairs and stopped beside Electra. The room was entirely black except for the furniture which was a blood red color.
    A man who looked more boy than man sat on one of the love seats, his black satin shirt partly opened while two barely dressed women were fawning over him. Black wavy hair swept the sides of his face giving him a boyish look. His skin was pale and clear of any blemishes or scars making him look soft. His cold, steely blue eyes told another story. They were piercing and demanding and held a certain high authority that I've only ever found in Electra's eyes. The man motioned for his women to leave and they quickly scampered away behind a curtain of red beads. He lay his arms on the back of the couch seeming to be at ease.
    "Electra Volcov, I'm guessing?" The man asked, his eyes scanning over Electra.
    "Correct. And you are the infamous Viking I've been hearing about, I presume?" Electra asked in a casual manner. I didn't like the way this guy was so calm. Something was wrong here. He gave a nod and crossed one leg over the other. "I suppose you know why I'm here then?" Electra took a step closer and I felt the room temperature increase by a few degrees.
    "I knew you'd show up. I just didn't expect you so soon, I was hoping I could play around more." The man's lips formed into a cocky smirk.
    "You picked the wrong snake to play a game with." Electra remarked and tilted her head to the side at a slight angle. "You can put your pieces on the board but many have found out the hard way not to f.uck with me." The man cintinued to hold his smirk.
    "When I was born, I was pronounced dead at birth. I gave the nurses a fright when I woke half an hour later. Later, my mother tried to drown me in a bathtub when I was four months old. I stopped breathing and she thought me dead. My father came home when she was trying to throw me in the garbage and found that I had started breathing again. You can't stop me because every time I die I reawaken, you're not the only freak of nature." He was a cocky d!ck, that's for sure. Electra was surprisingly calm, they both were and that had my skin crawling. Like the calm before a twister, something bad was brewing.
    "I've never killed you before. You'll learn soon enough that those who die at my hand stay dead. If slain properly, the dead truly don't wake. You'll learn soon enough that the dead don't wake." Electra's voice held an ominous, lethal tone to it and I noticed that the room somehow seemed to darken as the mood heated and intensified.
    "You don't know who I am, you don't know how capable I am. You don't know how cunning I am, Electra. My father had friends, allies and they work for me now. You're not as smart as they say you are if you come in here thinking I'm unprotected." At The Viking's words, men swarmed into the room from the beaded curtain brandishing automatics. Within seconds, Electra and I were surrounded. Electra scanned over the men and scoffed. She was going to get us f.ucking killed.
    "Six men. These are your 'friends'? I bet they'd jump onto another boat if someone dangled money in front of them. Friends? Allies? Pathetic." Electra spat out. Yeah, we were gonna f.ucking die in here. My hand was itching to reach for the gun that was hidden underneath my jacket, but I knew that would give them a quick excuse to fill us with holes.
    "They were right. You do have a mouth on you. I bet it's good for other things as well?" The man taunted and I felt my entire body tense and grow boiling hot with growing anger. Electra remained calm despite the insult.
    "Is that why Agent Braden Cross went rogue? Is that why he's running with you now?" The Viking turned his attention to me. "You're number one of their most wanted list right now agent, did you know that?" This d!ck was purposefully trying to piss me off and it was working.
       "You're a rude little shit, but I must admit that you do have some brains." Electra spoke up and ignored the man's prodding attacks. "A man can have brains but be a fool at the same time. You, Mr. Viking, are just that. You've got brains, but I have the willpower to make a big f.ucking mess of them." The Viking's nearly black eyes narrowed into furious slits.
    "You have no idea who the f.uck you're talking to, bitch." The Viking spat out and stood from the couch. F.uck.
    "You have no idea what I'm capable of, the connections and power my name holds. You see Mr. Viking, I have friends and allies as well. Not only are they loyal to their deaths, but they also have bigger guns." Seconds after Electra spoke those words, like some kind of perfectly timed script an explosion went off against the wall in front of us.
    Chunks of debree and a giant plume of dust exploded from the wall. All I could think to do was grab Electra and yank her onto the ground to shield her with my own body from the debree and whatever trouble was about to come out of the big ass hole in the wall.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???