Chapter Thirty~Four Prized Pet

"I can help, at least I can try. You're not alone anymore, Electra." His words stabbed into my chest one by one. "Let me help you." I lifted my eyes to meet his and found it harder to breath when I found our faces so near.
"What are you saying?" I willed myself to ask. Not another word was whispered as he leaned towards me anchoring his face towards mine and meshed our lips together.

~Braden~

Electra. I was completely wrapped up in everything about her. I was wrapped up in the sweet, natural scent of her. I was wrapped up in the way she dragged her fingernails down my back underneath my shirt. I was wrapped up in the way she tasted and how well her tongue moved with mine.
I had just moved my now swollen lips off of hers and moved them onto her neck when her phone started to vibrant. F.ucking perfect.
"Don't answer it." I mumbled against the skin of her neck as I kissed and nipped the sensitive spot there.
"Okay." Electra spoke breathlessly and grabbed my chin to press her lips against mine in a feverish manner. My tongue delved back into her mouth desperately exploring and tasting her entirely
Her phone continued to go off causing Electra to pull away from my lips and groan as she went to answer it. I didn't move myself away from hovering above her on the lounge chair and occupied myself by dipping my fingers into the neck of her t-shirt to get better access of her neck.
"What is it?" Electra asked sharply while I continued to trail my lips up and down her neck at a slow, tortuous pace.
"You did? Where is he?" Electra asked with sudden interest making me pull away and sit up. "Grab his ass and I'll meet you there." Electra ended the call and sat up to run a hand through her long hair.
"I've got some business to settle. I don't believe I will be back until later tonight." Electra bluntly explained and stood from the lounge chair. My eyes followed her every move.
"Don't you think you've done enough 'business' today?" I asked.
"I've been waiting on this one." Electra stated. "Besides, Bull probably has him tied up by now."
"If you're going, I'm going." I stood from the lounge chair.
"You don't want to do that." Electra shook her head.
"Why not? I've already seen some of the shit you do." I asked.
"Because, they've captured Agent Darby for me." Electra smoothly replied. "And, believe me when I say that it will be a most unpleasant sight."
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Electra~

"I don't understand why you had to come along." I crossed my arms at my chest and kept my head poised forward not looking at Braden who just had to come along. Braden kept silent, which was most likely for the best. Agent Darby was a rat I had been after long enough, however in the end it's the snake who gets the rat. He may have deceived me, yet now I would tear him apart with my bare hands.
Our driver took a dirt road down into a running trail that led to a clearing overlooking the city where Bull and two other of my men were waiting for our arrival. It was a quiet, secluded place that I used often and felt it perfect for what I was going to do to Agent Darby. Rats liked big spaces that they felt they could move around in, it made them feel safer and bolder just before the snake snapped them up.
The vehicle bounced and dipped every now and then as it drove down the dirt path through the woods getting us closer to the location where Bull had Agent Darby. Our vehicle came to a complete stop and I opened the door to step outside seeing flooding car lights that belonged to Bull and my other men.
My driver stepped out as well leaving the lights on the illuminate the clearing since there was hardly any daylight left. I heard another door opener and close knowing that Braden had joined us.
The doors to the vehicle in front of us opened and Bullseye stepped out along with two other men. He opened the door to the back and yanked a gagged and tied Agent Darby out by his white shirt collar, roughly shoving him to where I stood in the center of the flooding lights.
"Agent Darby, you can't imagine how pleased I am to see you." I chimed as Bull began to draw down the gag from his mouth.
"Is that you in the shadows, Cross?" Agent Darby called out and I turned my head to see Braden standing a few feet off to the side. Braden took a few steps foreward coming into clear view. A deep chuckle sounded from Agent Darby before he began laughing hysterically.
"You're working for this bitch now?" He asked through his dry laughter, but was silenced by Bull's fist flying into his side. Bull had to hold Agent Darby up to prevent him from collapsing onto the ground.
"It's for his own protection, besides I'm not making him do anything." I said with a bitter coldness to my voice.
"She's a god damned crazy killer, Braden." Agent Darby spat out.
"She wasn't the one who sent men out to kill me." Braden's challenging voice came from somewhere near my side.
"Is that what she told you?" Agent Darby questioned. "'Cause that's a load of horse shit. The crazy bitch is lying." Another fist to the side by Bull had Agent Darby groaning in pain.
"I've something very special in mind for you, Agent Darby." A sinister smile pasted itself onto my lips.
"Go f.uck yourself." He gritted out causing Bull to back hand him in his mouth sending bloody saliva flying from his mouth.
"That's enough, Bull." I informed. "My box please." I looked to one of my men who walked to the vehicle to retrieve my box.
"You are a rat, Agent Darby, who believed he could run circles around a snake. You thought you could play games with me, out smart me, but in the end the snake always gets the rat." I explained in a low, deadly tone.
One of my men returned from the vehicle carrying a small black box with pea sized holes on the upper sides and top. I lifted up the small silver latch and lifted the lid with my index finger.
"Agent Darby," I began as I dipped my hand into the box,"I would like you to meet one of my most prized pets." I felt the cool head of my pet nudge my hand before sliding up it and coiling itself tightly around my wrist. Retracting my hand out of the box, I heard Braden hiss something under his breath and saw him take a startled step back at the sight of my pet coiled around my wrist.
"Dendroaspis polylepis," I proudly introduced the oil black snake that was curled around my wrist. "Or, most infamously known as the Black Mamba." My smirk widened when I saw fear flash in Agent Darby's eyes. I would surely enjoy this.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???