Chapter Nine~ Dark Angel

¡WARNING! CONTAINS MILD SEXUAL CONTENT***

~Electra~

"Miss has only one bedroom in this house. She has no need for more. She thought it best for your health to sleep in a bed then a couch," Theodora quickly whispers.
"So she hasn't slept for three days?" Braden asks and there is a short pause. "I must go now. I have already said far too much. Miss will get angry," she says quickly and then I hear shoes pad to the door and then it open and close.
I blow out a cloud of smoke as I sit on the library balcony and look out towards the other balcony. I still didn't know why I brought him here or why I even saved him in the first place. He has been trying to capture me for a long time and now here I am saving him, letting him sleep in my room.
Maybe I was insane. I drew in another round of smoke from my Bliss laced cigarette then blew out the smoke. I guess because he was like them. Helpless and not knowing or understanding what was fully going on. That's why most died. The doctors and scientists didn't help them through it, they didn't let the Immune guide them through the Process. Now, unmarked graves and pits held their frail bodies back near that damned orphanage.
It gave me pleasure knowing that every one of those workers, doctors, scientists, and most importantly Mistress were turned to ash along with the orphanage. I'm sure they are all burning in Hell. My seat is reserved there as well...it won't be long now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My malnourished body trembled from the pain and blood loss and still the doctors prodded me with the needles. They were fascinated about something while I recoiled in even more pain. What were they doing to me?
My cries of anguished pain ripped through the laboratory and I cried, pleaded for them to stop. Another girl beside me was sweating profusely and was strapped down as she moaned in pain and thrashed her head around.
"Doctor," a nurse said as she stood beside me with a clipboard. "Yes," the wirey old man replied and walked over to us. "I believe she is immune to the virus as well. Congratulations doctor," she smiled at him and he patted her on the shoulder.
"Another success," he explained and I squirmed under his gaze. A popping noise turned everyone's eyes to where the girl lay only to find her head at an odd angle and her brown lifeless eyes staring to the side. She broke her neck. She was in so much pain that she had broken her own neck from thrashing around so much.
"Get someone to throw that out," the doctor ordered while he looked down at the girl's lifeless body and then I saw him prepare another syringe.
"No, no, no, no, PLEASE NO MORE! NO MORE!" I sobbed then let out a small scream when he injected me again. What had I done to deserve this? Why would someone do this to a bunch of kids? I hoped, I silently prayed that my suffering would end soon.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

I couldn't sleep. I was restless and my legs ached. I had to get out of this damned bed. I sat up and sighed when pain didn't come to my head. I guess that nasty ass tea was working. I rubbed the back of my head and pulled myself to the edge of the bed.
I pushed myself up and off of the bed and cursed when I fell face first against the floor. Blood spilled from my lips and I groaned in pain. Bad idea.
"Fuck," I groaned. My lip throbbed and oozed out blood onto the tile floor. The faint smell of cigarettes and flowers surrounded me and then I felt hands grab my lower arms and tug me up.
"You're not very bright, Agent Cross," Electra whispered near my ear and caused a shiver up my spine. She dragged me to the bathroom and made me sit on the toilet lid roughly.
She rummaged through a drawer and pulled out a few cotton balls and a bottle of peroxide. She didn't say a word as she poured peroxide onto the cotton ball and kneeled down beside me.
She grabbed my chin firmly and began dabbing at my bleeding lip. "Moron," she grumbled. "Psycho bitch," I mumbled and stilled when my lips brushed across her cool fingers.
Her movements stilled and our eyes locked. She shook her head then looked down at my lips again and continued dabbing the wound. I winced when the peroxide seeped into the wound and my eyes began to water.
"Big baby," she grumbled. "It fucking burns," I flinched and drew back, but she tugged me back by my chin. "Shut up. It's not that bad," she said and made my heart stop when she softly blew on my throbbing lip.
She continued blowing and the burning heat started to fade away. I didn't realize how close her lips were to mine until my eyes flickered down to them.
She stopped blowing on my lip and her eyes rose to meet mine. "Better?" She asked with suprising tenderness. Her warm breath tickled my lips and sent sensations all the way through my body.
"Yeah," I murmered and my breath mingled with hers. My eyes zeroed in on her plumps lips once again and I found myself reaching out to trace her bottom lip with my thumb.
I heard her take in a breath and hold it in from my sudden touch. She flinched back slightly, but my gaze held her still. I didn't know what the f*ck I was doing, all I knew was that I felt something. I felt something I couldn't help. I felt something I had never felt before. A need, a yearning, a desire that made me lower my lips to brush against her tender ones.
I ignored my split lip and massaged my lips against hers urging her to kiss me back. She remained still and I felt her eyelashes close against my cheek. My hand moved to the back of her head and curled into her soft hair.
I tasted the remains of a cigarette on her lips as I traced my tongue across her bottom one begging her to kiss me back. Her hand fell to my thigh and I felt her nails dig into my jeans.
She started kissing back and allowed me entrance into her mouth. I explored it slowly at first, tasting and savoring while caressing her tongue with my own. I needed more. God call me a sinner, but I wanted her, needed her.
I encircled my arm around her waist and hauled her up onto my lap where she straddled me. Her arms went around my neck as we fought for dominance over the kiss. She lowered one of her hands to my chest and dragged her nails down my chest adding to the pleasure.
I groaned into her mouth and ran one of my hands up her shirt feeling her smooth stomach before my hand discovered one of her soft mounds. She let out a gasp against my lips and moved her head down to my neck where she bit, licked, sucked, and kissed the tender flesh.
A moan flew from my lips from the feeling and I moved her bra to uncover the full soft flesh to my hand. I played with her growing bud and felt her nails dig into my arms. Her breathing became erratic almost to the point of panting and she pulled her head from my neck to place her lips once again against mine.
She licked at my lip dulling the pain and I let out another moan. "Electra," I moaned out and her body tensed and stilled. She pulled away and looked into my eyes for a few seconds that were enough for me to see them fill with icy hardness.
She scrambled off of my lap and stormed out of the bathroom. I heard the bedroom door slam shut then an angered roar rip through the silence of the night. What the hell did I just do?