Chapter Four~Welcome To The Darkside

¡WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT!
"Welcome to the Darkside..."

~Electra~

I dropped the blunt in the tray beside the porcelain bathtub that lay in the center of the circular room and drew out a heavy cloud of smoke into the red florescent lit room. The door to the room opened and Bullseye walked in lowering his eyes to the floor.

"Cross is unharmed and was seen going to his residence, " Bullseye reported and I picked up my blunt bringing it to my lips. No doubt Agent Cross was raking his brain trying to understand what happened. Did he know? Impossible.
"Why did you pull him out of the water? He's been a pain in the ass for awhile now and you had him done for, why didn't you let his ass drown?" Bullseye asked while raising his shifty dark eyes to meet my lazy ones Truthfully, I myself didn't even know the answer. Perhaps, I was becoming attached to our little game of cat and mouse.

"I have my reasons, "I say in monotone and stare blankly up at the dark ceiling,"gather a few of the men, we've got a little meeting to attend to with Arturo."

Bullseye nods his head and turns quickly to leave. "And Bullseye, " I call to him.

"Yes, Electra?"

"Bring a few samples of the shipment we got in," I add and drop the blunt back into the ashtray. "Yes, Electra, " he replies and leaves the room. Tonight, I would work out a business deal. Later, I will visit my little friend Braden Cross.

I slide down underneath the mass of bubbles and submerged myself into the water washing away the nightmares screaming in my head. But, like all nightmares, they would still be there when I rise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So much fuss over such a small little thing," I murmur and trace my dark fingernail over the small vile of swirling black fluid. I cradle the vile in my palm and outstretch my hand for Arturo to examine the vile.
As his hairy, burly fingers reached for the vile I recoiled my hand and placed the vile back into its slot located in the briefcase. "Yet," my eyes met his and I saw his Adam's Apple bob up and down anxiously,"it does do wonders for the human body. For a price."
"I've got the money," Arturo stammered and pulled out a roll of hundreds from his pocket. He began to approach me, but Bullseye stepped in front flicking his switchblade back and forth in his hand daring Arturo to come closer.
Bullseye held out his hand and motioned for Arturo to give him the money, which he did and then Bullseye handed the bundle of money to me. I ran my thumb over the bills making sure the whole $1500 was there and met Arturo's eager and anxious eyes.
"Normal humans die from this stuff, you know?" I asked calmly. I always gave my clients one last chance to back out of a deal before I let them have their first taste of Bliss. However, this wasn't Arturo's first encounter with Bliss and I knew he understood that he was a goner now.
Bliss had been known to kill people in a week's time, if you got lucky to live that long. Some people became so addicted by the first taste of Bliss that people would drain their entire bank accounts just to acquire as much Bliss as they could. Most did not want to fade back into reality so they bought up all of the Bliss they could to stay in their invincible world. For many, the Bliss ended up killing them before they could even use up their supply of it.
"With it, I'm a fucking god," he breathed out and his eyes fell longingly to the case of Bliss. I pulled three viles from the briefcase and layed them in Arturo's greedy hands. His eyes gleamed down at them as if they were his child and and I frowned in disgust.
The other children and I would be injected with the liquid when the 'caretakers' would try to sedate us and even kill us, but it had little effect. They wanted to destroy what they created discreetly so that we would not turn on them suddenly, however they had to move to different alternatives when that did not work. Now, the humans had a taste of it and the stupid ones curiously tried it.
They didn't seem to care that it was rapidly deteriorating their health, they just wanted that high that nothing else could give. It gave them every good feeling the world could possibly give them and filled them with glowing warmth and the most amazing feeling they would ever experience. Then, it would kill them.
"They are yours then," I say and Bullseye closes the case and hands it to one of the other two men who accompanied me. "Enjoy the rest of your night," I say and turn to leave his musty smelling apartment. "I doubt you'll live to see the morning, " I mutter under my breath as we leave the apartment. They were too consumed with greed and that was what was killing them. If that was what they wanted though, I would gladly give it to them.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
~Braden~