Chapter Fifty~ Old Friend

~Electra~

This is stupid. What the hell am I doing here? He's going to think I'm crawling back to him like a submisive, needy bitch. I knew that wasn't what was happening, however he would think I was desperate if he saw me here.
The meeting with Lilith I will admit had shaken me enough and had my body so tense that I had went home and spent hours under the veil of Bliss. Bruises were still evident on my arms from the injection points of where I had shot myself up with un-diluted doses of Bliss.
The after effects of putting so much Bliss into my bloodstream had left me passed out in my bathtub. Bullseye had found me sometime later and pulled me from the tub before I could slip underneath the water and drown myself. What a way to go that would be.
I still felt rather sluggish and everything still seemed too vivid, yet far away at the same time. The drive here had definitely been an interesting one. Somehow I had managed to convince Bull to let me leave by myself when he insisted on driving me. I had to clear my head and decide what I was going to do and that was something I needed to do alone.
I convinced myself it was just a leisure drive through the city, however my car took me to Braden's apartment building. I found myself at Braden's old apartment, a hood over my head as my fist hovered over the newly fixed door that had once been shattered to pieces. I knew he was inside, my Range Rover was parked in the front parking lot.
Ten minutes I had been standing here. Ten minutes have passed with me imagining myself knocking on his door and him opening it for me to explain myself. Ten damn minutes and I didn't have the guts to knock on the damn door.
I found myself unable to bring myself to knock on the door and bent down to slide the letter I had prepared underneath the door. Coward.
Without another glance at the door, I moved away from it and rode the elevator back downstairs. I walked through the parking lot until I came to my car where I opened the door and slid inside. I slumped back against the seat, a defeated sigh coming from my lips.
I brushed the hood from my head then picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I came across the name I had been looking for. It rang twice before silence filled my ear. I knew she had answered the phone, however she remained silent as per usual until I would speak.
"Arty, I--I don't know what's happening to me." I fumbled with my words into the phone like a weak little girl.
"What's wrong, Electra?" Artemisia's liquid voice floated through the other end of the phone after a short moment of silence.
"I don't know what I'm thinking. I don't know what I'm feeling. So much has happened and I feel lost, confused. Serenity came back from the f.ucking dead and now she wants to kill everybody. I don't know what to do. I've never--I've never felt so alone before. I've never been bothered by loneliness before." I rambled.
"I'll take a plane to New York as soon as I can. I'll see you soon,
Electra." Artemisia replied and ended the call. I put my phone down then started my car before driving away from Braden's apartment building, the tires of my car burning against the road.
I hadn't seen Artemisia in two years. We were at the orphanage together, she being just a few years older than Serenity and I. Artemisia got lucky and was adopted by a German couple who took her in. It was two years ago that she contacted me saying that they had been beating and torturing her since she first arrived. She told me how she had killed them about a year after she arrived there and then fled to Spain. We've kept minimal contact since then back and forth. She was the only one among a very rare few who had survived that I knew about. We rarely talked, yet we had once been close friends. Now, it seemed she was the only one I could turn to who might possibly understand what was happening to me.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

I ruffled my damp hair with a towel as I walked into the hallway, something white peeking out from underneath my door caught my attention. I walked over and picked it up finding it to be a letter, my name written in fancy cursive on the front of the envelope. I had a feeling I knew who it was from. I shouldn't read it, but found myself tearing it open anyway.
Braden. There is no way to say this except to say it outright. I have spoken with Lilith and found out that she is someone from my past who wants to start trouble. I will not go into details except only to tell you that she is even madder than I. I warned her to leave, however I am certain that she will not leave the city until her goal is met. I believe she will try to wipe out any means of protection for the city first, that being any enforcement of the law. I don't know why I am telling you this, I suppose it's a word of warning. No one is safe and I suggest you leave the city before things get nasty.
~Electra