Chapter Two~Lips of A Monster

"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

GIF OF BRADEN>>>

~Braden~

    I've been hot on her trail for three days and finally have her alone and cornered. Electra Volcov was a hard person to find and I will be damned if I let her slip out of my hands again. She had killed off the other agents I had with me and I had managed to maime and kill what men she had with her. Now, it was a dangerous game of cat and mouse between us. Tonight, I would finally have the infamous Electra Volcov behind bars.

    My light danced across the walls of the warehouse creating odd shaped shadows that could be just shadows or Electra herself. She was a sly one, that's why it's taken me so long to track her down in public again. No one dared to come knocking on her building with an arrest warrant, so we were left with the hopes of snagging her whenever she ventured out in public. She rarely went anywhere that didn't involve crime ran clubs or secret hangouts, all of them were her safe havens.

    To go into any of those places would be suicide no matter how many men you brought along. We would need an entire army to break through the hold that Electra has grown throughout the city. To do that we would need government assistance and the feds would never allow us to sanitize the city, not when corrupt officials were being fed with large sums of money from Electra's surplus stashes.

    A sudden shifting shadow pulled me from my thoughts and caused me to stop and whirl around. Fuck, I cursed myself. I had let my guard down and she was probably right up my ass just waiting for the right moment to--

    "SON OF A BITCH!" I hissed when a shadow ran passed me and I felt a sharp pain in my cheek followed by liquid heat running down my jaw. The bitch just cut me. A series of 'tsking' sounded throughout the warehouse and I wiped away the blood trail with the back of my hand while my gun remained poised and ready. Of all the times we've had run-ins neither of us have actually killed each other or done any real damage, yet. Electra was the type of sick person to mess with someone's head and then kill them.

    "Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Her voice called out from the darkness and I trailed my lights over the numerous crates only to see nothing. She was like a damn fox, sneaky little bitch. "At least my mother taught me not to hide like a coward and claw at people in the dark like a damn cat," I spat out and heard only silence as her reply, or so I thought.

    "Who's hiding?" Her nearly melodic voice came from behind me and I whirled around to see her standing right behind me. The rays from my flashlight caused her greyish-blue eyes that resembled a rainy sky to glow an unnatural exotic shade of blue and her pale honey brown hair to act as a halo. The girl was beautiful, beyond beautiful, but looks were deceiving. Inside, she was a screwed-up, insane human being.

    Her leather jacket-clad shoulders hung loose and relaxed, too relaxed. My eyes trailed down her jacket to her out-stretched arm. At the end of her arm, wrapped in her delicate looking hand rested a Walther P22 handgun that was pointed at my chest. Well, shit.

    A sly smile crept up onto her flawless face and I fought the urge to lower my gun. She looked so innocent, if I lowered my gun though the bitch would probably kill me. "Agent Cross," Electra sounded like she was talking to an old friend,"fancy seeing you here. Come here often?"

    "Cut the shit, Electra. I'm taking you in tonight, so let's just get this over with as easily as possible," I made my voice firm and I thought it sounded very intimidating. Her quirky smile didn't falter, so I don't think she found it intimidating at all.