Chapter Fifty~One A Helping Hand?

"What does she want?" Artemisia asked.
    "I think she's going to go after Braden." I replied, my throat constricting.
    "And, are you going to let her?" Artemisia's voice wandered off. I didn't reply because she already knew my answer.
    "Bull, get the men ready we're going into the city. Arty, I would greatly appreatiate it if you stayed here until I return." I rose from my seat and placed my empty glass on the small coffee table. I didn't want this to happen, I never wanted it to come to this, but she's left me with no other choice. You've left me with no other choice, Serenity.

~Braden~

    It was nights like this, lonely, dark, and rainy nights that I normally spent drinking away my misery just for the hell of it. The numerous empty bottles of beer that lay strewn around the couch I was laying on and the half empty bottle of Jack Daniels in my hand didn't change a damn thing or make everything fade away like it used to. I was immune to everything now, everything except those damn eyes.
    Electra. I couldn't get that woman, that girl, out of my head. She was everywhere. There was nothing that stopped her eyes from popping into my head just like there was nothing to stop the images of Madden's blood pouring out from his head. He had a family. He had people that loved him and they wouldn't see him again.
    What did I have to lose? Nothing. Not a single f.ucking thing or person in this world. It should have been me. I took another swig of whiskey finding it to be as potent as water. No wonder Electra doped herself up on that Bliss drug. Nothing seemed to stop the torment that goes on in my head.
    My parents...Darby...Madden...the Lilith chick...Electra....that bald mother f.ucker...Electra... They wouldn't leave me alone. She wouldn't get out of my f.ucking head. I left. Me. Not her, but me. I probably just ruined whatever we had going,  whatever we were.
    I was the one to break the promise I had made. I promised I would wait, I promised I wouldn't leave her and I did. Braden, you stupid f.uck. You dumb--
    The whiskey bottle in my hand fell to the floor when the sound of my new door flew open and cracked against the wall. I bolted up from the couch and rushed into the hall. My heart was pounding and all I could think about was Electra. She was here to kill me because I lied. She f.ucking hates liers. That woman, if you could even call it a woman, standing in the broken doorway of my apartment was most definitely NOT Electra. 
    The full body, leather suit she wore looked like something out of a BDSM club. The gleaming daggers that surrounded her belt winked evily at me. It wore a mask with the sharp blades that curled upwards where her mouth and nose area was supposed to be. They looked like rows of sharp, lethal tusks.
    Waxed looking scars covered what part of her face was visible, black dreds hung almost to her sickly thin waist. Her eyes, those freaky f.ucking eyes were burning into me with so much hatred. One was a normal brown color while the other was a milky, misty white color. This--this thing looked like it had just crawled out of Hell itself.
    "You are what has Electra's brain so muddled." A rasped, creaking voice came from the thing in front of me. She sounded amused and disgusted at the same time.
     "Who the f.uck are you and what do you want?" I boldly asked. The woman took a step further into my apartment, the long-black combat boots she wore stepped over the splinters of my door.
    "I can smell it in you, just like I can smell the lingering traces of her on you. You've got the monster juice in you." I could hear the smirk on her face as she spoke.
    "Who are you?!" I yelled and balled up my fists.
    "You don't need to know who I am because you won't live long enough to need it. As for what I want..." She stepped closer, her weird eyes never leaving mine. "...I want my Electra back, you pathetic worm." Her last words came out in a growl, her body already flying towards mine with a dagger wrapped tightly in her boney hand.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Electra~

    Fire. The city was on fire. Lilith hadn't come to the city alone. I should have know, I should have suspected that for her to have such vengeful plans she must have some kind of power behind her. Men, guns, explosives. She had it all.
    We barely made it through the streets as people ran around screaming and crying as they tried to get to safety. It was the law vs. Lilith's men who all must be as mad as her. Buildings throughout the city were burning, police stations and other government ran buildings lay in ruins. The rain that had been pouring from the dark sky that was hazed red from the flames could not sooth the burning flames that ate away at the burning buildings.
     A part of me had dread weighing heavy inside of me, was I too late? Did she even go after him? It wasn't a risk I was willing to take. He had lied to me. Braden had broken the promise I begged him not to make. Some part of me felt he would keep it, hoped he would keep it, however I was simply setting myself up for disappointment. Everyone that's ever been in my life has either left or died. I was destined to be alone. It was a harsh fact I had accepted years ago and must accept yet again.
    "Electra." Bullseye grabbed my arm to stop me just before I was preparing myself to enter Braden's apartment building. I turned around to face him finding concern in his dark eyes. "Don't go up there." There was a silent plea in his voice. As I looked into his dark eyes, as I looked upon the face of the man I had grown to care for as a brother, I saw what Braden had been talking about. Bullseye cared for me, he cared for me in a way that I could never return.
    "Take the men and help fight off Lilith's assassins. Call for backup and try to help in any way that you can." I didn't even know what I was saying. Help those who have damned me? Help those very people who had called me a monster and psychopath? I truly was mad. Somewhere nearby a woman's screaming voice soared over the sound of rapid automatic gunfire. I had to look past the heathens in the city to see that there was innocence. The policemen were badly crippled and they would not be able to protect and save everyone in the city. They needed all the help they could get, no matter whose hands it came from.
    "I will see you soon, my friend." I murmered then pulled away from Bull's grasp and bolted towards the apartment building doors knowing that if I went up there with Lilith only one of us would come out alive.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???